Why are people so rude? Need to vent... *LONG*

Quote:
I completely agree with jennspeeps, but I also would add it is time you severed all ties with the mother also. It won't be easy as she will most likely make you uncomfortable but everyone will see who the "rude" person is when you stay quiet. Hold your head up and find other folks to have dinner with ....at your request!! I never heard of such blantant (sp) rudeness!

Quote:
I completely agree with jennspeeps, but I also would add it is time you severed all ties with the mother also. It won't be easy as she will most likely make you uncomfortable but everyone will see who the "rude" person is when you stay quiet. Hold your head up and find other folks to have dinner with ....at your request!! I never heard of such blantant (sp) rudeness!

Thank you both! I will most definitely be severing the ties with the mother also. I am not even worried about finding other people to have dinner with! Heck! I have my DH and kids! What more do I need?!?! The key is also going to be to stay quiet. When people get me going it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut for long, especially when they bring my kids into it. I've been known to be yelled at by umpires at my kids ball games and given warnings that I would have to leave the ball field.
roll.png
My mouth tends to get the better of me sometimes.
smile.png

I haven't read all the replies and might have missed something important. But, here I go anyway.

First off I would have told her that she needs to pick her child up at 5pm or whatever time. That 10pm is really too late. She would probably still not come until 10.

Second I do believe that I would be putting a stop to "play days".

I just about choked on my tea when I read that she would invite herself and son over for dinner.

Quote:
Totally agree, which is why I said I was wondering what type of help this boy is getting.My son goes to a special program 3 days a week,45 minutes each way.It's a process.He has very little reasoning ability,but behavior modification is a big deal for us.The boy in question will be an adult soon and it sounds like he will be an out of control adult.
When I said it was hard to blame the child ,I meant his parents are responsible for getting the help he needs to function in society.Not that he should get a free pass.
I think cutting ties is the best solution for everyone.

Kick mama freeloader to the curb!
She's rude and thoughtless!
Your son sounds like he's a fine young man.
I remember last year's post about this dynamic duo...jeeze.

My son had a friend like this...the kid has CP and isn't very swift on the uptake reel either. His parents seem to treat him like glass and we treated him like a regular kid.
Mike would bring out sodas and snacks when they played, but when he went over there, his mother told him if he was thirsty to go back home and get something.

The very best thing that happened was the other neighbour's GSP almost got Obelisk and she flew out of the yard. We were looking for her and Colin comes over and was like "She should've stayed in the yard."
Buddy was chasing her
"Maybe you should've clipped her wings"
So he could've CAUGHT her? and killed her?
Ernie came out and said, "If you're really Mike's friend, you'd help him look for her rather than stand there and pass judgement"

They haven't been on speaking terms really since and now that Mike's up the high school they don't hang out at ALL any more.

Back
Top Bottom