Why are so many of you killing wildlife??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please show me where I said anything about forcing your opinions on anyone? You have shared some good information. I'm not disputing any of that. I guess my point is, these discussions can or should be able to take place without name calling or judging.

You're right - I clearly am not unusually free thinking or evolved. I don't have your education, I'm just an old gal from the prairie of MN, married to a farmer. Believe it or not, we love our wildlife here, too, and not just for supper. While we hunt deer in the fall, we also go for drives many evenings throughout the year just to watch them. We have put out hay and corn for them in the winter some years when they would have starved to death otherwise. We have many acres of land that we've dedicated to our wildlife. Not just the deer, but whatever else will live on that land, too. We spent several hours one evening watching a family of fox kits playing in the road ditch. I love it when the eagles, hawks and other birds of prey return to the prairie in the spring.

Call me archaic and closed-minded if you will, I really don't care. I don't have to defend myself or my thinking to you or anyone else. Just remember that our situations in life are different, and therefore call for different means of predator control.

Have a good day.

To be clear, I have offered many solutions in my original post and have spent the last dozen posts responding to excuses from others about why their situation is different from mine and why its impossible for them the use non lethal I have. told the truth. Period. Which is that it's not any harder for anyone else here to do the right thing than it is for me. If that upsets you, maybe you need to look closer at the reason for your defenseless because it has little to do with me.
I think part of the problem is, not everyone has the same opinion of what "the right thing" is... I like to think I'm doing the "right thing" all the time, because... well... if I'm not doing the "right thing", that means I'm WRONG! And Heaven forbid I should be wrong about something!
smile.png

I am not close minded & don't think many of us are. We all have had our share of attacks by predators. We have taken precautions to protect our livestock. I am sure we all use lethal force as a last resort. I don't own a gun. But when that coyote jumped 3 fences to get to my chickens, I borrowed the neighbors. Haven't seen another coyote after that one was gone. Don't judge people...you are not in their shoes.

I have told the truth. Period. Which is that it's not any harder for anyone else here to do the right thing than it is for me.

Incorrect. You work on a ranch that you do not own, working cattle that you do not own and are advocating the spending of money that is not yours to rid that ranch and cattle of predators. It's all very easy to say that you can do the right thing by watching your husband install a few thousand dollars worth of extra fencing when neither you nor your husband are paying for it. I own my land, own my house, own my livestock and I'll **** sure kill anything that threatens any of it. It's easier for me to pull the trigger once and spend about $1.35 than it is for me to spend another $4000 on fence and two weeks installing it.

You need to learn to put your arguments into a better perspective. Possibly one that doesn't involve your head in your own sanctimonious ***.

RichnSteph

Just discovered an easy solution to this discussion. Clicked on the little arrow next to darbydogs name, scrolled to the bottom of that list and clicked block user. Reloaded the screen and she is silent. What a neat invention!!! I can continue to enjoy the discussion of others without her I am right and all of BYC is wrong attitude. Now back to dealing with the freezing weather and my nice warm house.

Last edited:

Phew, that was some intro! So about them there chickens....

What a great sign. I just copied it...there are several other web sites I think it might end up on...

LOL! As soon as I saw it, I knew it would come in handy!

Close your mind...pass it on, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom