Why are some people so mean?? :(

mamawolf544

Unbreakable Heart
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
alvarado, Tx
First of all please no bashing or fighting over to pen or free-range.
love.gif
I am just upset.

I live on 12.5 acres, out in a rural area, The land across the road is strictly farm land, no homes. I can see the highway from my front porch as the crow flies so to speak and it runs parrallel to my road.
We dont have a dog catcher, not required and we have only had a game warden for 6 months in the 12 years I have lived out here. He sadly lost his life in a flood last year.

Anyway, most of my animals free range all the time. And I have a few animals.
Here is where I get mad, I cant tell you the traffic I will have on my 1 1/2 lane road, that is posted 30 mph and the cars will come flying at 60 and 70 mph. And some of them intentionally hit my birds. They will actually swerve to the side of the road and hit my birds. I saw someone hit one of my guineas today, I tried to follow them but they of course sped away.
Now why are people so mean and dumb???
There are dogs, not mine I keep them all on leads, rabbits, squirrels, hogs, cats, chickens, coyotes, cattle all out on these country roads. I have seen cars flipped down the road from my house, not because of my birds, speed and a slight curve in the road. Now we are going to fence off the entire front of the property which will be a big expense. But what is wrong with people?
somad.gif

I dont understand, my GK's are not allowed to play in the front part of my property because I worry one of the big rigs will roll into my yard. There is an entrance to an oil well right past my drive and those water trucks fly at night then slam on the brakes to make the turn.

I am terrified of going fast on a country road. Around here there are dogs everywhere. And I swear those squirrels from the insurance commercial are up the road.
barnie.gif

Anyway, I am just sad and upset.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry. I feel your pain- lost a dog last year, and almost lost my whole flock of geese due to ONE LADY that has a beef with me even though I've never met her. Some people....
smack.gif

I hear ya
hugs.gif

People go speeding down are road all the time
hmm.png

After losing at least 3 ducks and 10 chickens to free rangeing (cause of people speeding on the road) and we finally built them runs to stay they still get fresh air but arent allowed to free range. And treats from the garden to.

My nephews arent allowed in the front yard because of that reason and we did look into fenceing and WOW

I have no clue why people are like that it happens at my cousins place all the time thankfully I am about 1/4 of a mile from the main road but they fly up the neighboring drive way with big trucks to and it makes me a neorves werck good look on keeping you pets safe you also might want to mention it to you police around you. You would be shock what they can do
hugs.gif

I understand and feel for you. We have the same problem here. Single lane road and nuts driveing way too fast. We live beside a railroad crossing and at least a couple of times I've caught one of our wannabe nascar drivers stopped at the crossing waiting on a train and walked out, pecked on their window and had a little talk about what was going to happen to them if they didn't slow their butts down and wind up hitting one of my younguns. I'm a pretty easy going guy, but can be mean when I have to be. I'm 6'5" and about 285, and I know how to scowl and growl.
big_smile.png

Our neighbors that acually live on our road drive slower and I've even seen them stop in the road to let the chickens or guineas get out of the road. One lady, whom I'd never met that lives about a mile up the road, came to our door crying to tell us she saw someone swerve to hit one of our chickens. I think she was madder than I was!
Good neighbors are a blessing, bad ones are a curse.

We are in Sherrif country
pop.gif
takes 45 minutes for one to get here if they have called 911 on me to go to the hospital.
lau.gif

I am between 2 towns, I actually have a PD about 8 miles away but they don't police this road. Weird HUH.

I know people intentionally try to kill cats along the road....I've lost 5 cats in as many years while living by a busy highway. I can honestly say that I have had to drive all my license bearing life many miles to work and now my job is actually driving around the countryside and I have never hit a cat. They are pretty smart about not darting out in front of cars...but they will sit by the road and wait to cross. I've seen cars swerve to hit them as they wait.

I can't imagine why anyone would hate a random cat so much as to swerve and hit it intentionally. People are mean and getting meaner....but for the life of me, can't see how they gain any satisfaction from it.

I think I would consider looking into large blocks of rock, placed about 20 feet apart, along my road frontage, about 6 feet into my property. That will make people think twice about swerving to hit an animal. I just get how people get so mean.

You could put some wood cutouts of chickens on the side of the road with concrete poles behind them.

I've never understood why people try to kill cats. I've never seen chickens on the side of the road. Just wild turkeys. I wouldn't swerve to miss one, but I sure wouldn't ever try to hit any animal. That is truly mean. Karma will get them. Some day they will fall down and get attacked by chickens and have their eyes pecked out.

Back
Top Bottom