Why are some people so mean?? :(

yuckyuck.gif

Liking the concrete blocks/poles ideas
cool.png
That'll teach em.

You have a right to be upset! I think there are people who just don't have a conscience, they "know not what they do".

Karma will come around to them- what we put out in the world comes back to us, maybe not in the exact same way. Someone who deliberately hits animals must not be a very happy person.

What about getting 4' tall rolls of deer netting, and bamboo stakes to make a fence. Not the strongest fence in the world, but cheap, and it may be enough to keep your birds from getting too close to the road.

Yep..some people are sickos.. evil, cruel sickos.
Good luck getting a fence up... its really the only option to keep them safe.

Last edited:
I haved learned over the years to feel nothing put pity for the mean and evil people of this world. The way I figure - they can't possibly be happy.

happy positive people radiate nice and positive feelings

unhappy negative people radiate mean and evil feelings

The bottom line is - Try not to waste your hard earned energy in anger toward people who just don't deserve your time.

Some people are mean and some are just stupid and some are a combination of both. Our house is secluded from the road by a large hedgerow that I have never cleared out. When we first moved here it was not so thick and someone was riding by and shooting my chickens in the front yard. Someone shot back, and they stopped that practice. Was once following a pick-up that swerved to hit and kill a cat. In the process he lost control, went off the road and got stuck in a ditch. I got out to assure that no one was injured. When he asked for help getting his truck out, I said "No way! You are where you deserve to be-in the gutter." Such people eventually get caught up with. Their own evil or stupidity comes back to bite them in the a$$.
somad.gif

All very good ideas.
love.gif

My grown DD was the one so upset today because we happened to be behind them about 10 car lengths and saw what they did, and I had to stop and try to see if I could help my poor little bird before I could try to go after them and get a plate number.

And it is really gross I know, but people hang dead coyotes and snakes from their fences out here. It is suppose to keep the live ones away.
hide.gif

I told her I was gong to hang that guinea from a tree so everybody could see it with a nice sign under it.
I'm not BTW

I am sorry that you have stupid people traveling down your lane. We put speed bumps in to slow traffic. It has helped and the big trucks are not aloud to use air brakes either. I have had many animals killed just cuz someone wants to or talking on a cell phone. So now if I catch someone on a cell phone on one of my roads I call the company they work for then they pay a fine. We started this about 5 years ago after losing 15 head of cattle. We had one company man going so fast he hit a bull and his truck looked like a vwbug afterword and the man is now in a w/c.

good one, sourland.

yep, people are mean, stupid, and just horrible thoughtless things without conscience.

i liked the idea of fake chicken cutouts with concrete hidden behind them. as long as it's on your property (find your property lines) then it wouldn't be illegal or malicious.

we have a little bit of land, just 2 acres, in a rural subdivision. we're at the end of a cul-de-sac and UP a hill so we get NO extraneous traffic. but then again, just about everyone out here in the boonies has at least one kind of animal, whether chickens, donkeys, alpaca, horses, goats, guinea, etc etc etc.

On a bright, moon lit night, (maybe during a rain so it's softer) grab a shovel and a wheel barrow, dig a couple really deep pot holes before your property, place them so they're hard to avoid. Take the dirt farther down and make a couple big bumps with it, pack it hard .......... try to make it look "natural" but in a spot hard to see.
hide.gif
And don't let anyone see you do it!!!

That'll slow them down once they jar their eye teeth out of their sockets!
thumbsup.gif

You didn't read this here, and I didn't post it!

Ok, I'm joking........ seriously I am............no really~
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom