Why cant a duck be chicken?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bock_Bock, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    I will tell you my Khaki has been being raised with my 5 chicks i have left since they were all born together (duck 1 week later as it took 28 days not 21) but they were in the brooder together and everything. But they have been outside for a while now but iv noticed my duck likes to act like the chickens running around like them in all, but this is why a duck cant br a chicken as all the chicks jum up on the roost the duck is left on the ground starring up on them looking like she was going to cry, like they were teasing her, she just waits below or beside the roost (hopefully she doesnt get pooped on lol [​IMG] ) just waiting for them to come down, but luckily at night they seem to cuddle up to her and act like she is their mom sinc ei guess she is bigger lol they will follow her around and sleep with her at night.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Oh how sweet. [​IMG]

3. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    thanks it is a sweet story i just feel sad for the duck it seemed confused

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:The solution for that is simple really. You need another duck [​IMG]

5. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Aw thats sweet. Maybe you should get the duck a little web footed friend so its not all alone. [​IMG]
    PS: when i read the title I imediately started thinking of the original Dr.Doolittle. Why can't a women be more like a man? [​IMG]

6. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i would love to get Valentina a friend but i live in the city where i am already over the limit i believe lol she has been fine with the chicks they play with her and everything it is just when they jump up on the roost Valentina just sits their and stares at them i really wish i could get another duck but i am already getting scolded from the inlaws since i live at their house and they never said i could even have chicks or chickens or a duck, they are the ones who bought the first chicken yes only 1 chicken like 1 1/2 years ago but only for eggs, but i got addicted and look at me know i do have pics on the camera that were taken out a window next to the chicken pen so i will see if i can get the pics up tomorrow

7. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Muscovy ducks like to roost! They would be a good choice to raise with you chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by