Why Can't We Have Ordinances to Control Cats? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
There is a difference between expressing an opinion and making inflammatory blanket statements. There has been a lot of opinion sharing on this thread. Lot's of disagreement, but open sharing. animals1981's previous statement that anyone with a hobby farm but no cats has swarms of filthy disgusting rodents is insulting and simply not true. She insulted everyone on this board who has chickens but not a cat. That is inflammatory and not allowed here, thank goodness. We're all just trying to share information, learn, and have some good conversation.

So when she made the comment about my "so-called fortress", that seemed like a jab and a personal attack. i never said i had a fortress. i just do my best to protect against the known predators in our area. If i didn't do a good job, well then i need to do better. That doesn't detract from the fact that my neighbor should be keeping her cats from pestering me.

Instead of saying "This is the way it is - period!", i think we all appreciate when others share what works for them.

Cats sleeping on top of the chicken house may be a good sign. I really don't know for sure because this is all new to me. The neighbor cat may really feel at home at your place.

88997_hutch_058.jpg

I think spraying with the hose to eliminate unwanted behavior is a great idea. Make a verbal sound at the same time, and shortly, you will be able to make the sound without the water to send the cats flying home.

No leash law exists for cats. No one has the right to demand a neighbor keep a cat indoors. That simply is not supported by law - nor will it make for cooperation.

Everyone does, however, have the right to take action against an animal on their own property. You can chase it away. You can trap it and deposit it at the local shelter. You can sue the owner for any damages. Damage would have to be proven through photos of bite or attack marks. I don't think any lawsuit is going to favor a bird injured in fear.

It seems the birds are more likely to be injured by fear than my an animal reaching a paw into the pen. Fear is contagious.

Good fences make good neighbors.
duc.gif

Last edited:
Its simple here. Your cat comes in my yard, i trap it and it takes a ride. End of story...
So if you care about your cat, keep it away from my yard. Because you will not see it again...
And if you get another one and let it roam, i'll catch that one too..... we can do this all day long if you choose.
Eventually, you'll catch on...
roll.png

Last edited:
No leash law exists for cats. No one has the right to demand a neighbor keep a cat indoors. That simply is not supported by law - nor will it make for cooperation.

Everyone does, however, have the right to take action against an animal on their own property. You can chase it away. You can trap it and deposit it at the local shelter. You can sue the owner for any damages. Damage would have to be proven through photos of bite or attack marks. I don't think any lawsuit is going to favor a bird injured in fear.

I would agree with this. I have not read through the entire thread, and perhaps this view has been expressed before, but I would like to add that I think the most responsible way to keep livestock is to keep them protected and prevent conflict with both wild and domestic predators. It may not be the legal requirement for the burden to be on the livestock owner, but I suspect that sometime down the road, it will be. The reason for that will not have to do with pets, but with wild predators. The human population is staggering, and continues to grow. Wild populations cannot take infinite pressure, and even common predators will eventually begin to slip away into the black hole of extinction, with continued lethal control and habitat loss. Keep your livestock safe from wild predators, and they will be safe from roaming cats and dogs as well. This is the sustainable way to raise livestock.​

chickendelight good god i cant believe they treated u that wayi would have called the police i do also have a dog who is trained in personal protection if i need but stil that was horrific what they did to u, i hope u take legal action i am horrified that is sick for reasons like u just said i amgoing to have many more dogs in fenced in areas around my property people are evil and horible wow thank god 4 my dog stops anyone or any dogs from tresspassing

i consider dogs very dangerous when they want to be not only to pets but to people my dog is from police lines trains with military and police shes got the ability to take just about any man down very easy her father is working as a street police arrest down in america dogs are a whole notther story i am so sorry that u have to deal with these people sorry for the dog but i just cant believe the father and the kid abuse u like that can ur husband or police help u ? can u keep me updated? hopefully ur ok.. That case is not just some fat kitty falling through a roof cause it got too curious. It is a kid and his dad invading your private life on your property and abusing you and your animals in front of your face oh boy if that happend to me id go insane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom