Why did I go to Rural King?

MamaBelle5

Songster
Jun 23, 2020
Pennsylvania
The first time I was there, I saw they had sold out of silver laced wyandottes. I made the mistake of showing the kids what they look like when they grow up.

We went yesterday to get pool chemicals to start getting our pool ready, and we heard loud, excited chirping, so I knew they just recently got more birds in. They were almost sold out the last time.

And who did they have? These gorgeous little silver laced wyandottes. "But Mommy, you said you wanted some!" And I held strong. I said, "No, it's okay, we can get them next year. We have too many chickens plus I have those olive eggers coming in May. Maybe if they have olive eggers here, we'll get a couple of each and I'll cancel my order."

What do you suppose was in the very last bin in the corral? :lau

So I came home with 6 new chicks. Chicken math is real and it is dangerous. We started out with 8 chickens last year. Now we're going to have 25. 🤣

I tell you what, birds add up fast😆
We have 20 chickens and 3 two month old chicks, plus 13 coming in three weeks😬
3 turkeys with three more coming
And 28 guineas not counting any “special” ones that might hatch and I decide to keep. 🙈🙈🙈
Thank goodness the ducklings at the store were sold out or we’d have them too. 😆😆
I must be crazy. 😝 I sure do love hanging out with them though😄

Back
Top Bottom