Why did my CL ad get flagged?

Nah, I read the help forums on craigslist and I know what the beef probably is. Seems the CL folks think egg sales need to be under 'farm and garden services' even though 99.99% of folks selling eggs/chicks/chickens post under 'farm and garden'. I see it all the time, although thankfully not in my CL so far.

Last edited:
I reposted it immediately, and got a hit today. The guy came and took all the eggs we had, and I had to go boot a few hens off the nesting boxes to fill the last carton. It really was not that much (3 dozen) just because I'm using 2 dozen for the March bake swap.

But hey, that makes our feed bill for the month $6 less, and I have 2 other people looking for eggs when we get enough. Plus the guy said he will call when he needs more, so it look like I have a follower.

I went to the store today and my prices are actually cheaper than the local grocery store right now. Hopefully I'll get people looking for cheap eggs, and they'll keep coming back because they are so good. As long as I am making money so supplement some of the feed bill, I'm fine with it.

Last edited:
hmm.png
I'm not sure where you are located but in NC I can only sell less then 30 dozen eggs a month or they must be labeled by size,grade and location. It is not okay to sell at farmer's market or to restaurants either. I sell chicks and eggs to pay for my chicken feed so it is considered a hobby. You may have to look up the guidelines for where you live. The competition may keep flagging you also.

I looked it up, there are no rules about selling on the property, just that we can't use labeled cartons. If we were to sell off our property, we would have to use unmarked carton, and have them labeled.

Many people have reported problems with their ads being flagged on CL for no apparent reason. Individuals with the right program can get the ad taken down with one flag and a lot of people do this just to be nasty. CL does not care nor have they ever responded to anyone complaining about it. I think CL needs to change their flagging policy.

Back
Top Bottom