Why did my duck grew teeth?

Plipliplip

Hatching
Aug 15, 2022
Is there something wrong wrong with my Muscovy? She started growing teeth recently. They are bigger on one side. Could it be due to too much protein intake for example?

Attachments

• F1E5249B-6578-40F9-B463-256504F548C1.jpeg
    F1E5249B-6578-40F9-B463-256504F548C1.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 7
Is there something wrong wrong with my Muscovy? She started growing teeth recently. They are bigger on one side. Could it be due to too much protein intake for example?
What is the age and feed routine?

I would suspect an genetic anomaly (deformity).

The following article lists causes for (beak) conditions.. nutritional issues are caused more by deficiency which are also listed..

https://www.usgs.gov/centers/alaska-science-center/science/possible-causes-beak-deformities

What is the age and feed routine?

I would suspect an genetic anomaly (deformity).

The following article lists causes for (beak) conditions.. nutritional issues are caused more by deficiency which are also listed..

https://www.usgs.gov/centers/alaska-science-center/science/possible-causes-beak-deformities
She is a semi-wild duck, about 6 y/o, so she finds food herself most of the time. I give her some mixed grains every day and a bit of meat or chicken every once in a while

Last edited:
^ Idk why this is blue & Idk how to fix it...sorry
It's in blue because it's a quote.
I don't know how it would work on a phone, but on my computer I can get rid of that in a few ways:
--turn off BB code (one of the buttons you can click above the reply you're typing), and then delete the tags that say "quote" in square brackets [ ]
--Put my cursor inside the blue area, just before the first bit of text, and start hitting backspace. That usually manages to delete whatever causes the formatting, so it no longer is in the blue box.
--delete the entire response, and type it again, hoping it works right the next time.

Back
Top Bottom