why did that chicken cross the road?

cat

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
what a day.... my DH let out the chickens this morning but forgot to put the little bantam Wyandotte in her run.. you can guess what happened next, unbeknown to us she limboed under the gate and crosed the road to the neighbours house. My DD spent the day crying and looking for her chicken, DH spent the day packing as he shipped out to Iraq this evening, I spent the day wanting to hug him because he is leaving and wanting to strangle him because he is leaving! Oh the joys of being an army wife!

My neighbour came over just before to say her dog had 'found' our chicken and she had taken her to the vet. We called the vet but no one is there untill the morning, but at least the chicken was last seen alive this lunch time.

Phoned my DH and managed to get him as he boarded his flight. Told him the chicken is probably ok, the kids forgive him and love him again, and that I've gone from wanting to hit him over the head with a feed bag to realising my best friend is going to be gone for months.

Its been a long day, but I can't help wondering, just why did that darn chicken have to pick today to cross the road!

Lots of
hugs.gif
to you and your kids. Thankyou for letting your husband go to serve and protect our Country. I am so proud and happy that he's giving so much for us. I totally support him.

I'll pray that your little chick will be fine and come home tomorrow.

hugs.gif
Thanks to your husband for serving our country!! And thanks to you for being his supportive wife and mother to his kids. You've got the hardest job there is! When will he be back, do you know?
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom