why do people enjoy pointing out the obvious???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fancie, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    ok I go to the store and buy.... hamburger buns, hamburger, a onion, and a jar of pickles..... The guy at the counter was so excited when he anounced that "I bet you will be having hamburgers tonight!!" [​IMG] I'm like wow you need to get an application from mrs. cleo.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I was in line at the store on Saturday to get my ham for Easter and the lady behind me asked if I was making ham. I told her it was healthy claw post for my cats. I am such a wise butt...... Her face was awesome though.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  3. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:Heresssssss your sign [​IMG]

4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Quote:and thats when you should have said..

NOPE - just thought I'd buy these here buns for the fun of it...

Here's your sign...

[​IMG]

5. HennysMom

Quote:Heresssssss your sign [​IMG]

JINXX!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I know, I know. Do you think they are just trying to be nice and make conversation, even if it is a bad attempt? Are they smarter than a fifth grader . . . probably not! [​IMG]

7. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Sometimes people are just trying to drum up a conversation. [​IMG]

8. HennysMom

Quote:[​IMG] How's the weather is a good starter....

not.. "Oh....you like icecream huh?" as I sit icecream on the conveyor belt... "Naw.. just hate it to death, thought I'd roll over it a few times and put it out of its misery"

LMAO!!

c'mon *nudges you HarlanAussies..* admit it..you're laffin over there * [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  9. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    OK, I was at the store to get an ovulation kit (as I'm trying to get pregnant), which looks a lot like a pregnancy test, as I'm going through the line, the guy who must have been MAYBE 18, says "I'll bet you're excited."

I couldn't say anything. A--I doubt he knew it was an ovulation kit, probably thought it was a pregnancy test. B-It was late at night, and a lot of people who buy pregnancy tests aren't really excited.

LOL. I got out of the store and busted out laughing. Found it kind of intrusive that he would comment at all.

I have been telling my friends that we need to go to the store and play a game where we buy odd things that are semi related, like:

Cart 1: diapers, pregnancy test, morning after pill
    Cart 2: lubricant, rope, shovel, thongs, adult items

You could either abandon these items in odd areas of the store or buy them, nver know when you might need some rope! [​IMG]

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I went to the store when they were having a killer deal on Cheerios. I bought 2 cases.

Clerk-"I can guess what we are having for breakfast for the next year!"
    Me- "Bet you can't"
    Clerk "We are having Cheerios!"
    Me -"YOU might be having Cheerios, but I am having bacon and eggs"
    Clerk looks from me to the cases of Cheerios with a confused look.

I left after paying. I didn't tell her they were treats for the ducks. She is probably still wondering. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by