Why do people intentionally break the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in California, which is on the verge of bankruptcy. If the government has enough money to stop me from keeping a few illegal chickens then they have enough money to fix the schools, fix the welfare system, enforce immigration laws, fix the roads, build some more freeways, etc., etc., etc. I'd gladly give up my chickens if it meant that everything is working as it should. Something tells me that my quest to have a few fresh eggs for my family isn't going to register very high on local law enforcement's radar.

Plus, I like being compared to a rapists and murderers. Some people have a gift for hyperbole and I'd hate for them not to have an opportunity to share it with the world. I mean, seriously, c'mon.

Quote:
That kina falls under what I hate I will not do to others. I could give a rip if city councils makes a law based on my religious belief lots won,t be able to wrap their mind around this thought but I was raised to believe G_ds law trumps anythings a bunch of men want to write down, so if they write their laws based on torah we may do the same thing now and then but it will not be because I am paying attention to men LOL

yes, and i bet that god wants me to have chickens..surely!
so im all good then.
cool.png

Quote:
How do you explain to young children that it's ok to break one law and not another?

It's ok to drive 75 because lots of other people do.
It's ok to have chickens here because lots of other people do.
It's ok to date rape someone because lots of other people do.
It's ok to steal pens and pencils from work because lots of other people do.
It's ok to poach wildlife because lots of other people do.
It's ok to park in a handicapped spot because lots of other people do.
It's ok to trespass because lots of other people do.
It's ok to let your dogs run loose everywhere because lots of other people do.
It's ok to murder someone because lots of other people do.

Sure, some of these won't hurt people usually, but really?

May 27, 2010

As an 80-year-old Army veteran, his wife and great-grandson slept in their Humboldt Park home just before dawn Wednesday, a would-be burglar busted a basement window, crawled over discarded bikes and paint buckets, and made his way up winding stairs to an enclosed porch.

The intruder -- who police said wore stockings over his hands to keep from leaving prints -- wiggled the brass doorknob of the locked door that led to the first-floor apartment, but it didn't open, the family said. He then turned to the oversized glass window of the 80-year-old's bedroom, pulled out his gun and shot, police and family said.

But just as the man got off a second round, the homeowner, who had a handgun of his own, fired a single shot, killing the intruder, a police source said.

---------------

How dare this 80 year old man break the law and have a handgun in Chicago and shoot an intruder with a 13 page rap sheet!!

“One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws”
-Dr Martin Luther King jr.

smile.png

Quote:
How do you explain to young children that it's ok to break one law and not another?

It's ok to drive 75 because lots of other people do.
It's ok to have chickens here because lots of other people do.
It's ok to steal pens and pencils from work because lots of other people do.
It's ok to poach wildlife because lots of other people do.
It's ok to park in a handicapped spot because lots of other people do.
It's ok to trespass because lots of other people do.
It's ok to let your dogs run loose everywhere because lots of other people do.
It's ok to murder someone because lots of other people do.

Sure, some of these won't hurt people usually, but really?

you know when you first posted I answered because I thought hey seems like a fair question, but now you are just belittling us. I will not be compared to a murderer or rapist that is just silly and frankly insulting. the insinuation that I can not teach my child right from wrong because I choose to break a town ordinance? please get a life! In this world there is a gray area no matter what you like to think and I will teach my child to use both common sense and morals to make decisions not follow people blindly like sheep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom