WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CHICKENS INSIDE THEIR HOMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have a pet bird But I do not want something pooping all over as you describe. I’m glad I have chickens instead. They live outside and only have controlled inside visits. I think people know that chickens have diseases but their love for their birds Out weighs the possible risks. Just like people who let their dogs lick their faces. Love is your answer plain and simple. They love them.

@Aapomp831 just an off topic (my apologies) question: ? It's your thread and you can choose to ignore anyone you wish, 'ignoring' people based on personal beliefs is fine, but blatantly 'ignoring' people based on religious beliefs is actually considered discrimination and I just thought you should know this, in case you didn't already. Did you?
Well then I choose to discriminate against what I believe to be illogical nonsense that doesn’t contribute to issue at hand. Religion has no place here and it’s not what I want to discuss.

Ok, so I tried to ask somebody why they have pictures of their chickens all over their bed (like, a nice bed with a comforter and everything) and of course, people jumped all over me about it. I really need to know, from rational people who are educated in avian diseases, Why do people do this? I am not being nasty, I am incredulous as to why people don’t understand that barnyard animals belong in a barn.... for health reasons. Then people make ridiculous comparisons about dogs and cats, when they carry a completely different disease profile than POULTRY. It’s not worth it arguing with these people, so again someone rational and educated please tell me what these people are thinking.
Serious explanations only. I don’t need people telling me off, I need answers.
The people who do probably got one without knowing the dangers of having them in ones house or just don't care. I kept my baby turkeys in my room, they were in containment but still in my room until they featherd in. I did it so I could build a bond, I knew the risk and what could happen, but made sure it was sanitary(as sanitary as I could be) and in the end, no harm was caused on my side or theirs. But that's just why I would or think others would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom