WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CHICKENS INSIDE THEIR HOMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapomp831

Crowing
Oct 4, 2017
Lincolnton, NC
Ok, so I tried to ask somebody why they have pictures of their chickens all over their bed (like, a nice bed with a comforter and everything) and of course, people jumped all over me about it. I really need to know, from rational people who are educated in avian diseases, Why do people do this? I am not being nasty, I am incredulous as to why people don’t understand that barnyard animals belong in a barn.... for health reasons. Then people make ridiculous comparisons about dogs and cats, when they carry a completely different disease profile than POULTRY. It’s not worth it arguing with these people, so again someone rational and educated please tell me what these people are thinking.
Serious explanations only. I don’t need people telling me off, I need answers.

A disease is a disease no matter where or what pet has it. We all carry something within us, pet or no pet. Half the population carry parasites and don't even know it. Look it up. We breath decease every day just stepping out of our homes. Yes dogs and cats also be on peoples beds and they carry diseases. You probably have bugs in your own bed that you can't even see, they carry diseases too. LOL You only have one life to live, enjoy it how ever you can and let other people enjoy it hoe ever they can.

Again, not bothering me bc my house is clean and there are no chickens running around in it. I am simply asking for people to explain the mindset behind it (without straying off topic and talking about gods and mythological creation stories). It’s not my fault that people stray off topic and get defensive and nasty.

It apparently does bother you because you wouldn't have posted this and argued with people who responded if you didn't care what other people choose to do with their homes or their chickens. The reality is that people are going to do what they are going to do and you aren't entitled to an explanation just because you demand one. And it is your fault that people are "defensive and nasty" because you phrased your question in such a way to put people in that mindset. If you truly wanted to understand, you could have used language that invites conversation. Instead you began by explaining how disgusting and irrational you find these people so why would you think they'd be anxious to come forward and have a polite conversation with you?

Sometimes it's a case of having only one chicken left in the flock and the owner may be winding down on their chicken keeping days.

The bird may have disabilities that prevent it from being with the rest of the flock...blindness, deformaties or other physical injuries/ailments.

And some people just see chickens as pets they wish to pamper.

I am one of the people who own snakes and spiders and exotic animals like them. They are like therapy to me. Some people like some animals more than others. I don’t like dogs and cats, my dog lives outside. One of my chickens loves to come in the house, she is only allowed on the floor though in our 2nd house which nobody lives in. I believe chickens are cleaner than dogs, or at least mine are. But I don’t understand why they are allowed on the bed and everything else. Same with allowing ducks to swim around in ppls sinks and baths, I don’t understand why people do it. I don’t allow them on my bed at all, it’s gross. Only my indoor quail roo since he partially lives indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom