WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CHICKENS INSIDE THEIR HOMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapomp831

Crowing
Oct 4, 2017
Lincolnton, NC
Ok, so I tried to ask somebody why they have pictures of their chickens all over their bed (like, a nice bed with a comforter and everything) and of course, people jumped all over me about it. I really need to know, from rational people who are educated in avian diseases, Why do people do this? I am not being nasty, I am incredulous as to why people don’t understand that barnyard animals belong in a barn.... for health reasons. Then people make ridiculous comparisons about dogs and cats, when they carry a completely different disease profile than POULTRY. It’s not worth it arguing with these people, so again someone rational and educated please tell me what these people are thinking.
Serious explanations only. I don’t need people telling me off, I need answers.

A disease is a disease no matter where or what pet has it. We all carry something within us, pet or no pet. Half the population carry parasites and don't even know it. Look it up. We breath decease every day just stepping out of our homes. Yes dogs and cats also be on peoples beds and they carry diseases. You probably have bugs in your own bed that you can't even see, they carry diseases too. LOL You only have one life to live, enjoy it how ever you can and let other people enjoy it hoe ever they can.

Ok, so I tried to ask somebody why they have pictures of their chickens all over their bed (like, a nice bed with a comforter and everything) and of course, people jumped all over me about it. I really need to know, from rational people who are educated in avian diseases, Why do people do this? I am not being nasty, I am incredulous as to why people don’t understand that barnyard animals belong in a barn.... for health reasons. Then people make ridiculous comparisons about dogs and cats, when they carry a completely different disease profile than POULTRY. It’s not worth it arguing with these people, so again someone rational and educated please tell me what these people are thinking.
Serious explanations only. I don’t need people telling me off, I need answers.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

A disease is a disease no matter where or what pet has it. We all carry something within us, pet or no pet. Half the population carry parasites and don't even know it. Look it up. We breath decease every day just stepping out of our homes. Yes dogs and cats also be on peoples beds and they carry diseases. You probably have bugs in your own bed that you can't even see, they carry diseases too. LOL You only have one life to live, enjoy it how ever you can and let other people enjoy it hoe ever they can.
Again, not an answer. The disease profiles for poultry are completely different to those of cats and dogs. I am aware of bugs and the microscopic germs we unknowingly ingest everyday. That has nothing to do with why someone would allow bacteria covered poultry near where they lay there heads at night. We learned a very long time ago how to properly contain and reduce the spread of disease. Having poultry loose in your house is the opposition of those teachings and the things we learned about Cholera.
My dogs roll in dead stuff all the time. They are not allowed on my bed.

A growing number of people obviously don't know much about chickens, but want them. That saying, people are generally getting farther away from the land, and think keeping one is super trendy. And some people just need to spoil animals, like the lady that feeds her dog chocolates. "I love my chicken so much, I want it to sleep in my bedroom" for example. Therapy would maybe be a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom