WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CHICKENS INSIDE THEIR HOMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
A growing number of people obviously don't know much about chickens, but want them. That saying, people are generally getting farther away from the land, and think keeping one is super trendy. And some people just need to spoil animals, like the lady that feeds her dog chocolates. "I love my chicken so much, I want it to sleep in my bedroom" for example. Therapy would maybe be a better way.

??? Really? Then they shouldn’t have chickens. Plain and simple.
Some people shouldn't have children, but it happens. LOL There's nothing you can say or do. People will live their own life just as you are living your own life. Anyway, I really thought this site was for chicken lovers. We all have our own story, you make yours how ever you want. Therapy??? Some of those people need counseling themselves, and you're willing to pay them ridicules money for it. And we only learn what they want to put out there for us to learn, not everything they teach us is right. We live and we learn every day as we go. When God created us, we were all naked, we didn't have houses or chicken coops. We all walked around with all the animals and we had to learn to survive with them. I can keep going and going, but honestly, you do whatever you want inside of your home and I will do whatever I want in mine.

I am simply asking for people to explain the mindset behind it
That is what I mean, though. For everyone it's different. If we could explain why humans ever do the things they do (so that everyone understood), our world would be a much simpler place.

Personally, I don't have chickens in the house, nor do I brood them inside anymore because I don't have to. I do, however, have dogs in the house and one (Chick :lol:) that sleeps on the bed. I choose not to think about what they walk around in during the day. :oops:

Even the place that sells chicken diapers says it's bad for chickens to keep them indoors for long periods of time. " Firstly, it will make them unhappy. They prefer to be outside. Keeping a chicken inside your home permanently prevents them from expressing their natural behaviors. It is very important that chickens have several hours of free-ranging each day for their physical and psychological well-being. Chickens enjoy foraging in a yard for tasty snacks such as bugs and plants, which is not possible in your house. (At least, we certainly HOPE it's not possible for them to forage bugs and grass from your floors!) Instead, indoor pet chickens may eat bits of carpet or other detritus that is not good for them and could cause them serious health problems "

I could ask what are people who own spiders as pets thinking. That to me is illogical and gross and nightmare inducing. But I’m smart enough to know that everybody is different so just accept it and quit making such a big deal about it. It’s Not your business what other people do.
and nearly impossible to understand-----we all have our own ideas of comfort/care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom