why do people share personal things

It was very personal. on my scale of ick factor it was 100+ their language is very vulgar. and they had their power shut off about 3 weeks ago and its still shut off. So i offered to let them use our shower and our towels to. I even let them use our washer yesterday and my husband is like getting really sick of them and to be honest me to. We cannot keep affording to be every persons down on their luck charrity.

They stopped in yesterday unanounced and i was on the phone with one of my newlywed friends. They said oh it smells good in here and opened my oven door to see my lemon pepper chicken and told me they were staying for dinner. I said no sorry you cannot we have company coming for dinner and there is not enough. We didnt have company coming I just wanted a family evening with hubby and kids.

Quote:
This is a huge overshare.
I'm with Speckledhen-don't people realize that putting this info out there is embarrassing for EVERYONE involved?
Keep your personal business PERSONAL!

Sorry, social services doesn't take children away from people because they didn't pay their electricity bill.

There has to be a lot more going on than that.

When people have a lot of anxiety, they often 'think out loud' and don't realize that the social cues from the listener are like, bored, disgusted, don't want to hear it.

Last edited:
Wow 2 days without sex and she is complaining to other adults about meeting her child's needs? If my kids needed me dh would be kicked to the couch indefinitely and we both accept that.That poor kid to grow up with such lame parents.

Quote:
oh my! I thought she had just mentioned the "relations" part subtly but at this point I think she is being crass. there is a difference between a subtle comment and being vulgar and it seems to me that she is being vulgar

Last edited:
Don't those people know boundary issues? Vulgar and crass. And time to pull up the straps and say enough is enough and hand them the bottle of painkillers for the poor child to the mom and lead them to the door.

Something is up with that family. Social services or some welfare protection agency that would look over the family and see what they need.

Tonsillectomies are PAINFUL. The mother would have been given care instructions that included prescription pain medication and in most cases, antibiotics. Not filling those prescriptions could put the poor kid at risk of dehydration and infection. Filled at a Walmart, the prescriptions probably would have cost about $8. I've been a mandated reporter and at one point we were working on adopting through foster care. Electricity is one of the BASIC necessities that homes with children should have. Homes are expected to have power, running water, and a safe source of heat and cooling.

It concerns me that more might be going on than meets the eye. If my daughter just had surgery, the first place we would go is HOME. It's kind of strange that they are so clingy, especially since you barely know them. Announcing that they're staying for dinner? Wow. I'm not you, and I don't know all the details, but I would consider calling social services. It just does not sound like the child's basic needs are being met.

Putting this all together, I am with Miss Prissy. However, who paid for the surgery? IS either employed? They may already be in the *system*. If they are already in the system, it seems like neglectful care of the child after surgery. Perhaps someone in charge in the system should stop by and evaluate home life, food supply, basic necessities?
I vote for Child Services notification.
And really, when a child has surgery or is sick, hubby should be helping nurse. Sounds like it's going far beyond that, though. I think Child Services notifications are anonymous. I know suspicious child abuse reports are.

Quote:
Yay! A tolerant Minnesotan!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom