why do people share personal things

mikensara

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
New York
my 8 year old recently befriended another child. I am hoping this childs mother will dissapear shes so needy. I guess its what i get for inviting them over. Today they stopped in after this child was just discharged from the hospital today after having her tonsils removed. I gave the mom the bottle of liquid tylenol and told her she looks uncomfortable when did she last have anything for pain she said oh at 6 am (its now 2pm). I said here take this bottle home after she told me they didnt have any and money is tight. I said its probably better she gets a few more days rest and we will get together soon. Hard to send her on her way she was complaining about having the child sleep in her room for the next few days cause it interferes with intimacy with her husband. I dont talk about these things with anyone I dont tell them about what my husband and I do and I dont want to hear about others either. ICK
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Or maybe they are so overwhelmed that they area not realizing what they are saying and would not normally share such information.

Everyone reacts differently in tuff times, stressful times, times filled with worry. How they handle it can be unfathomable to us.

So many things could be going on as to why she said or did anything. If only we had the power to know, wouldn't it make the world a lot different.
idunno.gif

The cool thing is that you have such a tender and caring heart you were able to help out someone in need, even though it made you uncomfortable. So many others would much rather turn a blind eye and lock the doors rather than go the extra mile to help another human being. Though you may not see the magnitude of such a small thing, we never know how one kind word, a smile or even a listening ear can change another's life. Good job for helping someone!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Unless she actually went into a graphic and personal description, I don't see what the big deal is. What's wrong with saying she doesn't need her kid in bed with her and her husband? Sounds like you were being nice giving her the Tylenol, and she was just chatting. Sorry, I just don't see how that's offensive.
idunno.gif

Hard to send her on her way she was complaining about having the child sleep in her room for the next few days cause it interferes with intimacy with her husband

One does not say that to someone she barely knows. That is not just "chatting". That is not acceptable, IMO, and I would be avoiding that one like the plague. I often wonder what possesses folks to share stuff like that on a world wide forum as well.
hmm.png

Quote:
One does not say that to someone she barely knows. That is not just "chatting". That is not acceptable, IMO, and I would be avoiding that one like the plague. I often wonder what possesses folks to share stuff like that on a world wide forum as well.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom