Why do people think I'm crazy???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by georgialee, Apr 16, 2009.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I swear people think that food has ALWAYS come from a freakin' grocery store! More people than not look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them we have chickens. What the heck is wrong with eating responsibly... do they not realize or care about the conditions layers are kept in commercially or even meat birds for that matter? It frustrates me to no end that so many people have strayed from the roots of our country and I LOVE that homesteading is finally making a comeback. It is soooo frustrating.

Oh, and I've had some snide comments from my SIL... and she is the one who raised her child to 3 yrs old w/o ever giving him fresh fruit - only canned. I handed him a pear when he was at my house and he had no clue what it was. [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    They just don't get it!! It is their loss. They are the ones that are crazy!! Not having chickens...that is just wrong!! [​IMG]

3. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    Ignore them, believe in what you believe in, thats all you can do.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I think we will always get people like that, no matter what. Like you, it does get quite frustrating to hear, over and over. Its their loss, not yours, remember that. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks, everyone! I do know it's their loss... it just bugs me how narrow-minded some people are. [​IMG]

6. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:There just jealous because your food is better than theirs [​IMG]

7. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    What in the world? So it is that bad if you raise your own food... I suppose we should all be stuffed in a pure white padded room and we can only eat plastic with a bit of flavoring. [​IMG]

8. cockadoodle

cockadoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Denver
    It is because people like to pretend they believe in freedom, but in reality it will always be human nature for people to disparage those who take a different path or follow the current, less popular approach to life. Countless wars, death and destruction have come out of this same philosophy that if what you do, isn't the same as what I do, you must be wrong. Religion, politics, and the less intense topics like chicken farming are all targets. A lot of people blessed with the freedom we have, lack the intelligence to practice it (or rather cringe when others do)

~Mark

9. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    I take great pride in being crazy! [​IMG]

10. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    [​IMG]
    Soilent Green, I tell you....Soilent Green. It's worked its magic on a lot of people already.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I'M EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask SIL if she knows.

Also, did you know that EVERY apple sauce you buy in the USA comes from China? (unless you buy from some local farm) EVERY applesauce...... think about that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by