Why do people think I'm crazy???

georgialee

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I swear people think that food has ALWAYS come from a freakin' grocery store! More people than not look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them we have chickens. What the heck is wrong with eating responsibly... do they not realize or care about the conditions layers are kept in commercially or even meat birds for that matter? It frustrates me to no end that so many people have strayed from the roots of our country and I LOVE that homesteading is finally making a comeback. It is soooo frustrating.

Oh, and I've had some snide comments from my SIL... and she is the one who raised her child to 3 yrs old w/o ever giving him fresh fruit - only canned. I handed him a pear when he was at my house and he had no clue what it was.
barnie.gif

What in the world? So it is that bad if you raise your own food... I suppose we should all be stuffed in a pure white padded room and we can only eat plastic with a bit of flavoring.
roll.png

It is because people like to pretend they believe in freedom, but in reality it will always be human nature for people to disparage those who take a different path or follow the current, less popular approach to life. Countless wars, death and destruction have come out of this same philosophy that if what you do, isn't the same as what I do, you must be wrong. Religion, politics, and the less intense topics like chicken farming are all targets. A lot of people blessed with the freedom we have, lack the intelligence to practice it (or rather cringe when others do)

~Mark

hide.gif

Soilent Green, I tell you....Soilent Green. It's worked its magic on a lot of people already.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I'M EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask SIL if she knows.

Also, did you know that EVERY apple sauce you buy in the USA comes from China? (unless you buy from some local farm) EVERY applesauce...... think about that.

Back
Top Bottom