Why do we love chickens so much?

My family can't get over the fact that I'm raising chickens and they actually end up envious of all the fun we are having when I tell them of all the chicken antics at our house. They are as fascinated as I am over these wonderful creatures. To think that most of my life I was afraid of birds and now they roost on my shoulders and play with my hair and peck at my earrings! LOL My beau says that our rooster is a Mommas Boy!

I couldn't agree more. Bless you for what you do. It all reminds me of the little boy throwing starfish back in the ocean.
Today I had to go into a building and work where they are carrying out some sort of ghastly genetic procedures on hundreds of baby chicks. I had a chance to talk to them once and they explained that they are all roosters and would otherwise end up as dog food. I heard the peeping as I walked by and actually put my hand on the door to open it but didn't. I find it very hard to maintain anything like professional composure there--read really had to stop myself from crying. I have to go there once a week for a different business but I know what's going on. I hate it.

I love my chickdren as i call them, aka, chicken-children, lol!
love.gif

When we raised our chicks from 1 day old, all of our family used to grab one at night, pop them in our dressing gown pockets and they could watch scooby-doo, lol!! They are obssessed with tv tho,
idunno.gif

I love them!!
Also i will let you guys into a little secret, i have always been a sleeptalker and now i talk about the chickens, lol, my friends laugh at me!!
sad.png
That's hysterical. I dream about chickens alot and cats and dogs. Any dream with an animal in it is a good dream.

starfish story?
A little boy was walking down the beach throwing all the starfish back into the sea that had been stranded. A man came along and said you are wasting your time--there are so many --why bother it won't make any difference? The little boy proceeded to throw a starfish into the sea and said "well it made a difference to that one.
I love this story.

A little boy was walking down the beach throwing all the starfish back into the sea that had been stranded. A man came along and said you are wasting your time--there are so many --why bother it won't make any difference? The little boy proceeded to throw a starfish into the sea and said "well it made a difference to that one.
I love this story.
Thank you! I love it, very inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom