Why does my frizzle look like this? Could it be frazzled?

I Like Turkeys

Crowing
Mar 7, 2022
Florida
Hello. I own 2 5 month old frizzle bantams i got from a breeder, and worry one is frazzled? I don’t know exactly how different frizzles can look, but i’ve heard ‘curly’ isn’t it, and from the start one of them looked much curlier. I think so at least.
Here are photos, showing the frizzle i’m worried about, and then them next to their sibling frizzle.
FA188C31-434A-4056-B029-A58A5C5AA724.jpeg
A2897075-30E6-4850-AA54-7A5E96EACACA.jpeg
9E20ABA1-0EC8-405E-A654-33018929F0AE.jpeg

Admittedly I haven’t owned a frazzle or frizzle myself but based on what I’ve found looking this up and reading through other threads on this site she’s appears to be frazzled to me. The clear markers of frazzling are supposed to be a curly and perpetually wet look which I’m seeing in her. Especially compared to the other frizzle. Like I said I could be entirely wrong though as I don’t have any personal experience and there’s not a ton of info out there (at least that I can find easily).

Looks like a 'normal' frizzle to me.

Normal frizzle.
Frazzles are curly. SO curly that all their feathers snap off and leave them ugly, patchy, prickly and featherless.

The smaller one, or the poofier one in the last image? The smaller one looks frazzled, the poofier one looks frizzled

Admittedly I haven’t owned a frazzle or frizzle myself but based on what I’ve found looking this up and reading through other threads on this site she’s appears to be frazzled to me. The clear markers of frazzling are supposed to be a curly and perpetually wet look which I’m seeing in her. Especially compared to the other frizzle. Like I said I could be entirely wrong though as I don’t have any personal experience and there’s not a ton of info out there (at least that I can find easily).
Hello, i am sorry for replying very late to my own thread, and thank you for the answers.
I am talking about the little bird, and to clarify the situation, she has always been runtier than the others and has had an issue of baldness. The first time I noticed and feared she was frazzled, her legs were bald and crackled, but they’ve since gotten better, and for a while she lacked many head/neck feathers, which she somewhat does still. She also lacks flight feathers, does have feathers on her wing flesh/joint area, but completely no flight feathers that any of my other birds have.
Are these traits of a frazzled bird?

Hello, i am sorry for replying very late to my own thread, and thank you for the answers.
I am talking about the little bird, and to clarify the situation, she has always been runtier than the others and has had an issue of baldness. The first time I noticed and feared she was frazzled, her legs were bald and crackled, but they’ve since gotten better, and for a while she lacked many head/neck feathers, which she somewhat does still. She also lacks flight feathers, does have feathers on her wing flesh/joint area, but completely no flight feathers that any of my other birds have.
Are these traits of a frazzled bird?
It can be. My gal was scrawny and almost always naked because her feathers would break and not grow back

Back
Top Bottom