Why does no one understand this?

Yeah, see? That anxiety? That uncertainty? Those other kids don't know about that. They don't know what it is like to look at her and when she says, "I have a headache." have you heart jump into your throat.

I like to tell my kids that if they did not like how last school year went, the wonderful thing about a new school year is that you can reinvent yourself. Sure there is baggage from last year, but most of the bad people are leaving so give yourself a "do over" .

And yeah, get some help from outside the family. ---- Other than chicken people!
lol.png
They're the best, but they (we) don't know everything........
hugs.gif

Wait.... Monroe NY? as in Monroe-Woodbury school?

Ouch.. Those kids are rough on anyone who doesn't fit in... but that seems to be most of the schools in NY lately... sigh

I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell my 2 boys and the kids I drive on my bus (I drive to the Votech school in Goshen).... It doesn't matter what anyone in school thinks of you now....

You are the one one you have to answer to (except for your parents). Be the best person you can be, do what you know is right.... High school will be over soon enough and those other kids will be in for the shock of their lives because they have not lived thru what you have. You will be the strong one in the end.

It's tough when there is major illness in the family and worse when there are "Idiots" in school who use that as an excuse to tease....

Okay, so my mom had her third MRI today. The tumor hasn't shrunk since June. She also got nasty ear infection a while ago, the doctor said that wasn't good sign. And her memory lapsed for a while.
hit.gif

Other than that, all is well.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Other than that?!?!?!?!?!
barnie.gif
hugs.gif

Did you see if the center if they have counseling??? How did the start of school go???
hugs.gif

I haven't started school yet. I will tommorrow. she couldn't remember the three words the doctor told her to memorize.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Sounds like a difficult situation. Stay strong and when things get tough, or rather when she has her "moments", remember she is the only mom you have. And it REALLY sucks not having one, no matter how difficult she may become. Even after 12 years I still catch myself reaching for the phone to call mom, and realize I can't. Love her all the more, she may not remember, but you will. So make 'em good memories.

Quote:
I haven't started school yet. I will tommorrow. she couldn't remember the three words the doctor told her to memorize.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

SO sorry, kiddo..
hugs.gif

The gifts are just crap, they aren't important. Your mom is your mom. Be there for your mother, even if she doesn't know who you are. My dad died when I was 14 while I was home right infront of me. I would give anything to be able to see him again.

Back
Top Bottom