Why does raw meat have to taste soo good?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkiechicken, Jan 30, 2012.

1. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Raw tuna and raw beef = my two favorites.

Why why why does it have to taste sooo good? Melt in the mouth goodness. The just cool yet warm meltyness of a good chunk of meat. Well, I guess I do sear the outside of my beef steaks, but not the tuna steaks.

1 person likes this.
  2. amillecay

amillecay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2011
    I have never had raw tuna or beef because of all the hormones and what not tuna... i don't even know lol i dont like tuna to start out with much

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I LOOOOOVE raw beef..with some salt on it..... :drool
    Ever try bacon before its cooked? Sooo good..just a small bite though...
    :oops:
    Cant bring myself to eat raw fish yet though...but I will someday..:D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. silkiechicken

If you ever get the chance to loin out and eat a fresh caught 2-3 year old pacific albicore tuna, you will really wonder what the stuff in cans is made out of. A totally different beast and because the tuna off the coast are so young, levels of mercury/toxins are very low vs eating 20 year old tuna like commercially caught bluefin.

[​IMG]

As for hormones in beef, don't eat it that much, if I'm going to eat it, it might as well be raw. Not like the hormones are going anywhere post heat. LOL

But I don't think I'll ever bring myself to be able to eat raw bacon. Something inside still likes cooked pork products... or perhaps it is the lack of something inside.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  5. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Mmmm - sushi! One of my favorite foods. I also love carpaccio (raw beef). when done right and from the right source, soooo good!

6. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Tartare anyone? YUM

[​IMG]

7. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Then you'd love the carpaccio at the restaurant where I work. The beef is quick-seared, then thin sliced (looks like seared tuna), and used as the outer "wrapper" for what's basically a sushi roll. Fresh herbs are inside, and atop each piece, a little garlic aioli, fried caper, fresh shaved reggiano, and drizzled with truffle oil and aged balsamic.

[​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

[​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

:drool

10. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    DON'T EAT THAT, YOU'LL GET WORMS!! But I love raw ground beef, Grandmom.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by