Why don't people leave a message when they call?

It annoys me alot, im a mobile mechanic and i sometimes get people that call me from a blocked number and leave me a message, but dont leave a call back number, they just say " hi, i need work on my car, call me back, thanks"
roll.png
roll.png
idunno.gif

I hate checking my voicemail so much that I often leave it a week - sometimes two - before I check. So I wish people wouldn't leave me messages and then I wouldn't have to call my voicemail. If I see I've missed a call and have a voicemail, I'll just call the person back and see what they want. If they left a message, I just tell them up front I haven't listened to the message yet, so they know to repeat the request/information.

Quote:
A few times I have actually taken the phone off the hook because of someone who calls and calls but doesn't leave a message.

To the OP:
I tend to leave messages when I call friends and family, but when I am trying to reach, say, the scheduler for my husband's doctor, I will often say I'll call back later.

The reason? Because if I leave a message, they usually don't call back in a timely manner. And I feel like a pest if I keep calling after leaving a message.

Quote:
I get this a lot. I will be out of service so my phone does not ring an does not store a number or missed call. Never fails that they leave a message that says "yada yada yada call me back" but no number. I just figured out this year that you can get in to your voicmail settings an get the number that left each message but its a pain.

If I dont answer, just hang up an just text me.....

I keep funny outgoing messages. I get calls all the time that go like this:

Yello!
Crap, you answered..

What?
I wanted so an so to hear your voice mail message.

O... Ok
I'll call back, dont answer.

Um, ok.
Click
roll.png

I don't leave messages unless what I'm calling about is important. Like last night I left a message regarding some birds I had shipped that hadn't arrived at their destinations, and this morning I again left a message regarding these birds. Of course, leaving the messages did no good, neither recipient returned my call, but the message was left.

If I'm calling someone 'just to chat' I don't leave a message. I didn't call to talk to a machine...

Back
Top Bottom