Why hasn't anyone written a Cornish X page? Forget it. I'll will!!!

I see. I haven't read the list, I didn't know. Maybe Nifty would consider adding one more title listing, to avoid adding even more confusion between standard Cornish and the broilers.

Quote:
Ditto. There is enough confusion out there as it is. I have even read stuff from extension offices where they get the standard and the cross mixed up.

Nice job, CARS. It is important to have a place for these birds, regardless how I may feel about them personally.
lol.png

Hopefully the pros on here can help you out with their vast experience to add some more information.

CARS I think you did a WONDERFUL job! I think they should have their own page for as popular as they are. I was doing some research of my own about them because I was thinking about getting some. Very informative for us newbies! Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks everyone. The problem is that I only raise 50 Cornish a year (in 2 batches). I would like the input from the people that really get into it to add to this page.

I can edit into the page, so if you have thoughts let me know.

(I still haven't received my Golden Feather invite yet so I don't think that they (the powers that be) know they need to create a new heading.)

CORNISH ROCKS!!! (slam the mike down) I'M OUTA HERE!!!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
I am hoping that they can. Because the stereo-type sucks. I raise small flocks of Cornish X's and literally have zero problems with them.

I understand that when you have a barn of 20,000 you're going to loose 20%, but in a cared for flock of <100 there is no reason to loose more than a few unless... Well, there are circumstances. Not necessarily your fault but maybe that of genetics. It's just the price you pay. Find a good hatchery breed(...did I say that again) and you will have success.

Last edited:
Quote:
Cornish? or CornishX Hybrids? Confused.

I am just playing...good job! People should be able to have more valuable references on these little guys.

Quote:
Ditto. There is enough confusion out there as it is. I have even read stuff from extension offices where they get the standard and the cross mixed up.

Nice job, CARS. It is important to have a place for these birds, regardless how I may feel about them personally.
lol.png

Hopefully the pros on here can help you out with their vast experience to add some more information.

Yep, there's a lot of confusion. Just about any time I post about trying to find good quality standard Cornish, I can count on getting about half a dozen PM's from helpful, kind hearted folks, telling me where I can order Cornish X's.

I haven't read the page yet CARS, but I will! Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Last edited:
I was just reading through this thread and I would like to point out that the commerical brioler or cornish cross, cornish rock, jumbo briolers whatever you call them are a true breed. there are large breeders of commercial briolers out there. When these birds were first developed the cornish and the rock were the primary crosses. However through careful seletion we have the bird we have today. for exaple I wonce read that the cobb broiler is better meat bird than the cornish cross which is completely false because cobb is a breeeder company for these type of birds. The commercial world has very few companies that control the genetics of the industry and they develop lines, the broiler breeder then utilized the different lines in there breeding programs and then sell the chicks to producers.

So I guess I am saying the fast growing chicken we buy for meat production is a true breed.

Back
Top Bottom