Why have my hens suddenly quit laying

Dougs chix

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2015
Waynesville, NC
I have 13 Rhode Island Reds have been getting eggs from them on a daily basis. suddenly they have all stopped laying!? this does not make sense to me please help if you have any ideas

How old are they? Have there been any changes in their feed or environment? Have they recently sustained a predator attack?

That's what doesn't make sense I don't understand because nothing has been changed they just quit laying four days ago now and nor the environment or food has changed. Some hens are 2 yrs some are this years hatch. They were all firing on all cylinders up to 4 days ago then suddenly theres not a single egg anymore!?!?!

I have one hen that suddenly quit laying. I know it's her because she's the only one that lays white eggs. At first I thought she was laying them outside the coop, so I kept them in the coop/run for a week and still no white eggs. All the others are laying fine. She seems happy and healthy.
Any ideas??

Yes, I've considered having less light now, but she is only 7 months old. She's only been laying for a short time. She is a Rainbow. She is a nervous little thing, acts like a road runner, lol!

Back
Top Bottom