why I was worried about selling on craigslist - scam

My husband had an ad on CL recently to pick up scrap. He got a phone call this week for some cars, aluminum, and copper. He called the guy back yesterday about it and it was someone playing a joke on someone else. He gave the poor guy that the joke was on the number of who called. Thankfully that guy was very nice and appoligized about it. If it was my husband that the joke was on he probably wouldn't have been so nice.

I've only posted one thing on CL. I was something wanted to give away,a hospital bed we no longer needed, person answered in less than an hour, and it was a neighbor needing it for her grandmother that was coming to live with them, so as soon as I talked to her I removed it from CL so It probably wasn't on there more than 2 hrs. but will be very carefull from now on. marrie

Quote:
Scary. If I put in my name or my dogs name you can see my address.
th.gif
very very scary. Especially since I am a minor. You can find my address from dog show results. Its really scary to me. And it scares my mom also.

I get this at least 10 times for every piece I sell on Craigslist. Its not a problem really iffin you know its a scam. Just ignore or do what I do. I tell them to blank off. Really I do, I just send them an email telling them to blank off. I dont really say blank though, understand?

Quote:
Scary. If I put in my name or my dogs name you can see my address.
th.gif
very very scary. Especially since I am a minor. You can find my address from dog show results. Its really scary to me. And it scares my mom also.

Sweetie, I showed dogs for years. Do yourself a huge favor and set up a PO Box. and email just for dog shows and don't publish your phone number. Those catalogs are now published online and you don't need someone stealing the dog you've worked so hard on. I can still find my show info online and the info from my website is probably still out there, even though it's been down for years. Fortunately, I showed AST's, so we're naturally cautious about who knows what.

Back
Top Bottom