Why in the world am I so bad at flirting? (Tomboy thread!)

Quote:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

I truely believe it, or at least it has so far held true in my life. My biggest regrets are the things that I *didn't* (have the guts to) do.

My biggest fear is more likely that I'll come off as a weirdo. I don't want to be a creeper! LOL

You have to go pretty far to come off that way.

Guys usually have to do the asking, and suffer the turn-downs. We don't usually mind someone showing some interest.

When I was in college, a girl walked up to me, looked me right in the eyes, and simply said "I want you."

I had to tell her I was flattered, but I that I had a girlfriend. I've never forgotten that girl, though.
wink.png
She was probably just doing that on a dare, but I didn't think she was a "weirdo"

I certainly wouldn't recommend being that forward, but I wouldn't worry so much about how you come off, either.​

I am not a good flirter because I don't care enough about attracting guys. I am just me. I can't do that giggly, oh you are such a strong man crap that most women seem to have mastered. They either like me or they don't and I dont' much care either way. They all annoy me anyway.

Haha, thanks wombat! Good to hear from a guy's perspective!

I love conversations like this, so thanks for all the input. You guys are certainly very inspiring!

Quote:
I'm surprised that you haven't been swept off your feet already. A shy tomboy?????? Shucks ma'am, any single guy would kill to have a woman like that
smile.png

LOL Thanks boyd!
wink.png

I often get the feeling I need to move out of NJ. Doesn't seem like too many guys are interested in girls that like to get dirty here! LOL

Chicker a good flirt is usually, or at least acts, confident. Just hold your head up high, smile, and roll with it. Depending on your and his personalities a few "adult(not dirty)" references can lighten the mood enough to get playful. Flirting is a game. Enjoy playing it.
wink.png

I think you need to find groups of people that like the things that you like..then you'll have lots to talk about!
Photo groups?
Horse groups?
An adult type of 4-h?
even a diabetic support group..check your local hospital for that..
Something where like minded people can meet up..
is there anything like that in your area?

Back
Top Bottom