why is it that....

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
I announce I am going to be outside cleaning the garage today all the kids volunteered to help!!!! and after about 30 minutes all my able bodied helpers got bored and left
sad.png
Taking a break because my old back is tired.......
barnie.gif

Good news is, I can pull the tracter in the garage now
smile.png

Kids get bored easy. When me and my girls have to do something tedious like that, we joke around a lot to keep our minds off the work. Try to make it fun. Start a toss line and let them throw things that will be in the trash anyway to see who can get the most points by making it in the trash can. Then your 'old back' will thank your smart brain for getting the young strong backs more involved
big_smile.png

Get a 'boom box' out, crank up a hard rock station and tell them to get back out there! A little rockin' music always helps with those jobs......

Quote:
I'm doing something wrong. At least you got volunteers. I get "Come and help me NOW" and then listen to them grumble and complain the whole time til I tell them to go away......

Yeah...unfortunately kids attention span for anything is usually pretty limited.
hmm.png

I like the idea of introducing some "fun" into the job.
smile.png

I would actually rather work alone than work with my 17 year old(complain...grouse...complain...) but my oldest daughter and I work together well, we are always laughing and talking and time flies by.

Quote:
that I did
smile.png
I have a dewalt radio/battery charger combo. I had that out there and invited them to play their fav songs off their ipods. Must have had a worse looking garage than I thought
hit.gif

good news is, after they left I got most of it done
wink.png
They are trying to talk me into buying each of them bunnies....
hide.gif
I told them thats cool as long as I can eat the offspring
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom