Why Is My Duck Sneezing?

Jedika98

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 22, 2012
I was out watching my ducks earlier and I noticed that one of them kept sneezing. It has been raining a lot here lately and I think it might have a cold. What should I do?

Chickens and ducks sneeze all the time. Mine sneeze from dust or water... same reasons we would sneeze. You don't need to worry about it unless you see mucous, or they look lethargic, or have raspy breath. And if they do have those other symptoms, then start researching up... because chickens and ducks don't get colds. They get potentially deadly respiratory infections.

Chickens and ducks sneeze all the time. Mine sneeze from dust or water... same reasons we would sneeze. You don't need to worry about it unless you see mucous, or they look lethargic, or have raspy breath. And if they do have those other symptoms, then start researching up... because chickens and ducks don't get colds. They get potentially deadly respiratory infections.
I know this thread and post are old, but this is probably the third time I have looked this up in my year of raising ducks. Thank you for the wisdom! 👍🏻

my baby duck seems to be sort of snorting air, sounds like a puff of air coming out the nostril....thoughts?

My runner sneezes all the time for a various reasons. Usually to clear his nose when he something is it. This can be anything from dust to food, or whatever happens to have tickled it. As mentioned about, if there are no other symptoms (ie runny nose) I wouldn't worry too much.

Back
Top Bottom