Why is my finger turning black?

Rusty Hills Farm

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Up at the barn
I wear a 24-carat gold wedding band and the skin above it and below it is suddenly turning black. The black washes off but then reappears a few hours later. Am I too acidic? Too alkaline?

If I'm too alkaline, I could always take more vitamin C but what do i do if I'm too acidic? Or is there some other explanation that I'm missing here?

hu.gif

Rusty

Could be a possibility of cosmetics coming into contact with the gold and forming an abrasive layer next to the skin; this can cause the gold to flake off.

Quote:
Er, I'm a guy, so I don't wear cosmetics.
wink.png
I can't think of any chemicals I have been using either. I'm gonna try upping the iron levels in my diet (gonna have to research what to add) and see if that helps any. This week is the first time this has ever happened. I've been eating a TON of turkey this week. Don't think I've had any red meat all week. Doesn't red meat have a lot of iron in it? Maybe that's the problem?

TY!

Rusty

Quote:
Er, I'm a guy, so I don't wear cosmetics.
wink.png
I can't think of any chemicals I have been using either. I'm gonna try upping the iron levels in my diet (gonna have to research what to add) and see if that helps any. This week is the first time this has ever happened. I've been eating a TON of turkey this week. Don't think I've had any red meat all week. Doesn't red meat have a lot of iron in it? Maybe that's the problem?

TY!

Rusty

Cosmetics doesn't cause the gold to flake off, it just turns the finger a greenish color. But, since you do not wear it
big_smile.png
it could be iron. Never heard of iron being a problem with gold. Red meat has alot of iron in it.

How long have you had the ring? My husband got into something once that did his that way, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. It had to of been some kind of chemical, because he is always into something cleaning those motors.

Back
Top Bottom