Why is my Pekin duck "sneezing"?

I feel I could easily handle tubing her, but she seems,to be getting the fluid by syringe ok, it just takes a little longer. The syringe I have for the oral meds is too big so I wind up putting the tip of it in the corner of her bill and dose her a little at a time to allow her to swallow it. She doesn't like it, and fights the whole ordeal a good bit but she's never coughed or sputtered lol.

If you ever decide to try it, just let me know and I'll give you some pointers. I'm too lazy and impatient, so I prefer the 30 second solution, lol. :D

-Kathy

gig.gif

Lol I got her to take the de wormer fairly easily with the 1ml syringe inserted into her esophogus. She's heavily molting and is now trying to hatch every egg she can lol. She's quacking better but still sneezing occasionally. She's acting much better as well. One day left of the antibiotics so I'm hoping it will continue to clear up after they stop. I also told my husband I had to get a picture of the injection tomorrow lol.

Lol I got her to take the de wormer fairly easily with the 1ml syringe inserted into her esophogus. She's heavily molting and is now trying to hatch every egg she can lol. She's quacking better but still sneezing occasionally. She's acting much better as well. One day left of the antibiotics so I'm hoping it will continue to clear up after they stop. I also told my husband I had to get a picture of the injection tomorrow lol.

Nice to hear that she's getting better!

-Kathy

So glad to hear that she's improving!

Back
Top Bottom