Why is my Rooster so aggressive???

You could consider putting him in a pen next to the mature flock, so he can easily watch how they act.

Or even moving the other rooster into a different pen, and putting this cockerel in with the adult hens for a while.
Well....there is a tiny problem with that. I have a Saphire Gem hen that had a hurt leg and brought her into my room for inspection and dun dun dun da the rooster was in there. (The Saphire Gem is apart of the adult hens)So I place her down and turn around and see that he is kicking her and pecking her and boy shes NOT having it so she fights back and so they are fighting and I end up finally splitting them up and hes bleeding and shes bleeding. So I'm just so confused on what to do. Hes like a best friend to me but I don't tolerate violence in my chickens.

I agree with Mary that close quarters are an issue. Allow them to interact (not the injured one) with much more space so they can get away from each other. The edge will be taken off if you do see and don’t touch first.

Back
Top Bottom