Why is she quacking so much??

Just so everyone knows, I would get another female but nobody is currently selling older females. Only ducklings.
And the ones that are, are asking more than I can afford.. like 60-$70 a duck.
I am getting 2 sexed female ducklings in March from my feed store when they're available.
Those are some pricey ducks! Hopefully your parents will be patient until march.

It's been a while since I've had runners. I don't remember them being too noisy except at feeding time. Maybe I misremember. If it's a case of just being a noisy breed then she'll have to rehome. I wouldn't think it'd hurt to get a friend first and try that.
I only have 2 that just seem to quack about nothing but it most mean something to them, And if they get separated they will quack for each other. Even if they are close just can’t see each other.

Last edited:
All of our runners have gone through a loud phase when they were young, don't know why. But they do eventually settle down. They still make a reasonable amount of noise but the screaming for no reason seems to stop just before they start laying eggs. Though there are loud ones in every bunch...thank goodness our neighbors have yet to complain.
She may also be missing your other duck. Can you set anything up so they can be together but seperated by a small barrier? Even a small fence a foot or so high has been enough for us to contain our drake when he's being too much for the girls.

Back
Top Bottom