Why is she quacking so much??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Duchess has been quacking more than usual lately. I first thought she was quacking at Colonel since they're separated by a fence(due to him mounting her) but I kept seeing her do it when she was out free ranging with the chickens. She's been mostly doing it in the afternoon and evening but it's annoying my parents and they said they would get rid of her if I don't figure out how to quiet her down. Our neighbors don't mind her quacking, it's just my parents getting annoyed.
This is the first time she's started doing this. Before, she'd only quack if she saw me come outside, which meant to her that I was bringing treats.

Is there anything I could do to keep her quieter??

Does she quack at people (or another pet), or when no one is around? My ducks all quack loudly when we pull in the driveway and are essentially demanding food (in my case) but as soon as we are out of sight they are quiet again.

Is she laying? Is she possibly going broody? Broody ducks can be quite vocal too.

Is she alone? Ducks don't like to be alone (meaning without other ducks). Even if she can see her duck friend through a fence, I don't think that's the same to them as being able to cuddle up next to them. Maybe you can get another female if you don't want fertile eggs.

Is she alone? Ducks don't like to be alone (meaning without other ducks). Even if she can see her duck friend through a fence, I don't think that's the same to them as being able to cuddle up next to them. Maybe you can get another female if you don't want fertile eggs.
She lives with the chickens and hangs out with them all day.

Back
Top Bottom