Why? Its so hard.

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
My family is just crumbling. i hate my dad, hes a horrible person, and my sister hates him too. the other day, he said he won't pay a cent for her college. he's turning my little brother against us all. we've tried to kick him out, and he tells us that he isn't leaving, that we should all leave. My mom wants a divorce, but she doesn't think we could make it on our own. There will be four of us and my sister is going to college next year and money is already tight. without him, we'd be broke. my mom just sits around crying because she doesn't know what to do. my sister refused to eat for a week because she was so afraid of my dad that she lost 10 pounds, keep in mind we are all VERY skinny. i ran away in november because my dad was attacking me for every little thing i did. he'd ask me and my sister a question and we'd both say yeah, and he would scream at me saying it was a disrespect to say yeah, not yes or yes sir. he doesn't deserve that respect in the first place and he only flipped out on me. he tells all of us we will lose what we love the most if they get divorced. my mom knows the house would be so much better, so much healthier without him, but she doesn't have the money to be on her own. everytime divorce comes up, my dad says he's getting my little 5 year old brother, but he could care less about me and my sister. he said he'd rather us be living on the streets starving than live with him. oh yeah, and he's on drugs. antidepressants, sleeping pills, and pot. he also smokes cigarrettes. what a great dad.

sorry for going on and on about this, but its just so hard to handle and my friends could really care less.

hit.gif

Boy, my divorce was bad enough...my daughter and I lost almost everything we had and were homeless for 1 1/2 years.
Getting it over with was a big relief.
You need to get your Mom to social services to ask for help. There are many people out there that will help and a lot of support to be had.

It does not sound safe in your house.
Please ask for help!

Tell your sister she will qualify for a lot more financial help with your Dad gone.

Prayers to you and your family.

After all the sturggling we did the best thing that has come out of it is the church we have found. Lots of support there!
Good luck.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. My heart hurts for you, and I just wanted you to know I'll be praying for you and your situation.

farrier! :

Boy, my divorce was bad enough...my daughter and I lost almost everything we had and were homeless for 1 1/2 years.
Getting it over with was a big relief.
You need to get your Mom to social services to ask for help. There are many people out there that will help and a lot of support to be had.

It does not sound safe in your house.
Please ask for help!

Tell your sister she will qualify for a lot more financial help with your Dad gone.

Prayers to you and your family.

After all the sturggling we did the best thing that has come out of it is the church we have found. Lots of support there!
Good luck.

What she said. If your mom does not want to do this, you must. Perhaps a school counselor could help you. If you have a priest/preacher/rabbi, go to them. Even a trusted adult friend. If a physician is prescribing medications for your father, perhaps he/she could help.

Your post sounds like a cry for help, so find some help somewhere!​

thanks everyone. i'm actually seeing a counselor because of all this.

he just got home from work 30 minutes late and my mom had already cooked dinner. he was so mad. the first thing he said "you couldn't have called me?!" the only reason we wait to have dinner is if he calls and says he gonna be late. he's now slamming doors and storming around the house.

Hang in there girl
hugs.gif
you can make it. Don't be afraid to stick up for yourself.

I know what its like to have a relative doing drugs. My brother went to prison for all of June this past summer. It affected all of us and I still don't get along with him. IF you can, maybe you should help your father rather than hate; even if its possibly calling the police for him smoking pot. I realize he's your father, but it sounds like the best thing is for him to be out of your lives.

Be strong, don't give in
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I am so sorry, i actually know where your coming from. When my dad was still living at the house it was like you we're walking on egg shells the whole entire time trying to get him not to flip out. School couselors help a lot and HAVE to keep everything you say to them to themselves. Its a great way to vent and let it all out.

Quote:
he's made me much stronger. i have gotten in his face and told him that i hated him. he won't leave when my mom tells him to, would it be wrong for me to try? to tell him to leave? that the only thing he's doing here is hurting us. its taken all my will power to not tell him to get out so far.

Your posts made me cry. I just wish I could help you out. I hope everything turns out for the best for you ladies (and the little boy of course). So sorry that I can't do more than that.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom