Why Lord Whyyy??

Mine are doing a lot of posturing but no crowing yet. Guess I should count my blessings!
smile.png

We just got a Standard Black Cochin roo from a wonderful BYC'r. Hubby had built a coop for him and I never asked him where he was going to place it. I went to bed early and at 5:18am the next morning, I found out where. Right under my bedroom window!

But I'm not complaining. I love my roosters and so does he. 5:18am on the dot every single morning Baxter starts his crowing to let the whole world knows he's awake!! I wake up chuckling and nudge my husband and then the two of us end up in a fit of giggles before 5:30am! LOL

Boy I love the country life!

Laurie

I had one that started crowing in the coop every night at midnight until about 4 am I swear he thought he was a werewolf! He's gone now. I have about 5 or 6 now that start at about normal time 5-6 am well before light but that's OK its not midnight.

I live in town and the coop is about 45 feet fror the back of the house. When they started crowing we would hear at all times of the night or so we thought. Turns out when we use the bathroom without the light it stays quiet. If the light goes on it is the make noise signal.

I moved them away from the house..
They dont crow at 5 am anymore. I hear them about 6:15 but I am up by then.

SO likes them a lot... just not that much
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom