Why ME, God?

hehehehhee how funny.

You can always invite the chickies to your nice warm cozy house for snuggling and someone to talk to when you get snowed in. (snickers)
Just think of roasted eggs by the fire....
wink.png

Wednesday, 8:03 A.M.
It's only 6.8* F right now, and it's not going to get much better for a couple of days, so I'm going to keep them in their coops until it warms up slightly tomorrow.
Mmmmm, hoping Anne'll go out and throw some bird seed on their wood shavings; otherwise, poor me'll have to do it.

Chicken.Lytle :

As a D@mn Yankee I am required by law to sneer at Texas winter temperatures.

Since this is a family forum, I'll be gentle. I assume you know the difference between a Yankee and a Darn Yankee? The Yankees go back home.​

I know how you feel. I'm about to break out my long sleeves. 20 is just too cold for T-shirts.

All I can say is that it's way too cold way too early! Not even winter yet
ep.gif
Yep, whining, because I hate to see my BJ roo so uncomfortable and I'm really worried about him
sad.png
(and it's nowhere near as cold in NJ as many other places!). Sounds like a lot more cold is headed this way.............................................I can just tell the birds will be moving in with me before long! (please, no, please let it warm up soon!)

JJ

Quote:
Every day I tromp outside carrying buckets of hot water for all my animals. I am bundled up like an Eskimo, listening to the crunch of frozen snow ... and yes, whining and complaining through it all. I know I should count my BLESSINGS and BE GRATEFUL for all I have and I am trying, but I just HATE the cold and HATE the snow and yeah, I'm whining and complaining yet AGAIN! Oy vay! Gotta take care of those critters come heat, rain, wind, sunshine, storm, snow or 'I can't feel my face' cold!!!
th.gif

I'm a "city girl" that's slowly finding out I was a "country girl" all along! <---- me too with slight periods of re-adjustments!!! I not only moved from a town to the country, but from a temperate climate [W. Washington] to an extreme one [North Central Indiana]!
rant.gif

Marci

Last edited:
We cheat. Each night, we (my daughter usually - they are her chickens after all!) go out to close the coop door (which means we pull a rope from outside the coop enclosure) and bring the waterer in. In the morning, we fill it with hot water and bring it back out. So... we just drop the water into the enclosure, throw in leftovers or greens from the hose, throw in a scoop of food from the metal bucket right next to the enclosure, pull the coop door rope and attach it to a peg... and we are done! It takes about 2 minutes total including the walk to and from the house. We don't like the cold either! LOL

Edited to add - we get the eggs when we put them in for the night. The eggbox is also accessible from outside the enclosure. Just lift the lid and stick them in your pocket!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom