Why must I have to work?? I GOT A NEW FUZZY BUTT!!!!

Billyj

Songster
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
Gaffney SC
Ok, 21 days ago, I set a few eggs in the bator hoping for a few little chickies. Well after some didn't develop, me dropping one while turning, and a host of cursing and swearing when I couldn't regulate the stupid thing, I all but gave up. I had two eggs left on Monday. After candeling (and trust me I have no idea what I was doing there) I saw no movement and thought with all the problems, I was wasting my time. I decided that since I gave it my old college try, why not continue to the end. So on Monday night, I locked those two down. Well low and behold, this morning when I got up to come to work, I HAVE A PIP!!!!!!. Now I am stuck at work until 3pm. I canceled a meeting for this afternoon. I will still have a 1 hour drive to get home, as well as having to stop for a few "pick-ups" that I have to get. WHY ME?!?!?!?!? I need to be there. This is my first attempt at hatching eggs and I am MISSING IT:barnie
barnie.gif

Why must we have to work for a living???

Don't fathers we get some sort of maternity leave just like mothers???

Even if only that on little booger hatches, I am counting it as a 100% hatch rate.
lau.gif

I can't wait until I get home.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

scbatz33

No Vacancy, Belfry Full
11 Years
Jan 23, 2009
South GA
You have to work to pay for the up coming hatching addiction you are not fully aware you have yet. Give it time.....
jumpy.gif

Billyj

Songster
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
Gaffney SC
I am so happy. I got home after one of the longest days of my life, and it's HERE!!!! i cant wait until it dries a little so I can take it's picture. It is my little Mille Fleur D'uccle. And to my surprise, my other egg is hatching.
wee.gif
It just started to pip so it may take a while. Yay me!!!!

Billyj

Songster
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
Gaffney SC
Quote:
that is really true... I am one of those.

Have fun with the chicks. congrats
jumpy.gif

So true. I have 12 ready to go in when these come out. Mercy me!!!

Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
Congrats!!!!! I hope the other one hatches and you get to see it hatch, it's truly amazing.

And don't feel bad, I'm a SAHM and I missed my 1st 3 hatching. 1 and 2 hatched while I was at a soccer game with my son and 3 hatched while we were at a birthday party. I stayed up till 11:30 that night, but I finally got to see 4 and 5 come out.

Top Bottom