Why my duck keeps yawning?!

Yawning can be a sign he just has something stuck to his throat lining. Like a little piece of grass that just won't go down. Or a bit of down feather he saw, or a tiny bit he preened off. It's not usually a concern.

Now if you're having a problem with it often, like the duck is doing it all day and for more than a couple days. You're looking at something potentially serious. I'd check the back of his throat. See if you see any bumps or abrasions. It could even be as simple as an ant stung him because it was on his food or he ate something abrasive. If you do see bumps, it could be a couple different things and I'd recommend posting photos of any bumps you find.

Yawning can be a sign he just has something stuck to his throat lining. Like a little piece of grass that just won't go down. Or a bit of down feather he saw, or a tiny bit he preened off. It's not usually a concern.

Now if you're having a problem with it often, like the duck is doing it all day and for more than a couple days. You're looking at something potentially serious. I'd check the back of his throat. See if you see any bumps or abrasions. It could even be as simple as an ant stung him because it was on his food or he ate something abrasive. If you do see bumps, it could be a couple different things and I'd recommend posting photos of any bumps you find.
Thank you so much for your advice! I think I just be something stuck on her throat cause she stop doing it! 🤩💖💘

Back
Top Bottom