Why Organic?

Quote:
Did a quick glance and T&M carries Fist Lady F1 tomatoes and that's from Seminis (Monsanto).

Chris

Quote:
Did a quick glance and T&M carries Fist Lady F1 tomatoes and that's from Seminis (Monsanto).

Chris

So does carrying a Monsanto seed mean that the company is owned by Monsanto?
hu.gif

Quote:

Chris

hu.gif

No, it just means Monsanto is one of their suppliers.

Quote:

Chris

hu.gif

No, just that they buy from Seminis (Monsanto).
I will let you be the judge if it is a bad thing or not.
smile.png
I get the bulk of my seeds from Stokes but I do get get some seeds from seed Co. that get there seeds from Seminis (Monsanto) and the plastic I use on my greenhouse is Monsanto Greenhouse plastic with a 5 year warranty.

Chris

Quote:
hu.gif

No, it just means Monsanto is one of their suppliers.

You beat me to it Katy.
lol.png

Chris

Quote:
NO I DO NOT GROW ANYTHING made by Monsanto, all my vegetables and flower seeds are organic/heirloom seeds from Baker Creek Seed company.

Last edited:
Quote:
NO I DO NOT GROW ANYTHING made by Monsanto, all my vegetables and flower seeds are organic/heirloom seeds from Baker Creek Seed company.

so do you use any plastics, including polystyrene, and synthetic fibers (check the close you were, the carpet in your house and car) , theirs Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) (check you car you will find a bunch there if it is a newer car), NutraSweet, vanillin, aspirin, non-organic cotton and later rubber. They all have ties to Monsanto.

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh no!

Genetically-modified plastic!

wink.png

Yup, might even be some GMO corn/ soy or cotton oil used in the making of it..
wink.png

You know come to think about it I bet the plastic pot, flats and sell packs I use might even have some GMO corn/ soy or cotton oil used in the making of it also.
lol.png

Chris

Last edited:
I now buy my seeds from Baker Creek. In the past I had bought from Park Seed, but they had a crappy germination rate so I stopped using them. I didn't know they had Monsanto ties until recently. I had 1 packet of Ferry & Morse seeds in the stash and so far they are the only things in the cold frame that didn't germinate. I wont be buying my replacement seeds from Lowes..which is where I got the first batch.

Hopefully Baker Creek has some corn salad seeds.

Back
Top Bottom