Why so against EE?

thankyou. I now have two blue babies out of the blue hen. we'll see how they mature. One is 11 weeks, the other 6 weeks old.

it definitely is confusing. the EE, Ameracauna thing. ah well, I do love my EE's. and I hope they catch on alot more. I love the variance in color.
I wonder, can you show EE's. Or not, due to them not being a recognized breed?

I love my EE they are beautiful, I simply have been looking for some true Ameraucanas to (don't get mad) cross with my Marans to create Olive Eggers as they are popular around here and using an EE instead doesn't always get the desired results. I just find it funny how so many people try to sell what they KNOW to be EE as Ameraucanas. Yes they both originated from the same species but they doesn't mean they are the same, it would be like trying to call a pitbul and a boxer the same thing.... they started out with the same genetic code but have been breed apart!

If I ever succeed in getting my Olive Eggers I will let people know exactly what they are..."mutts" a mix of Ameraucana and Maran but not a pure line.

I love mine, but I have also bred them with other breeds and i label mine "EE mutts".
smile.png

Since I have a strange mix of Mutts anyway, one year I just hatched out only the blue/green eggs. Now I have even a stranger mix of Mutts---part Rhode Island Red, part Barred Rock, part Austrulops, part Jersery Giant, part etc. Developing a landrace ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landrace ) here of a large black chicken with muffs and beards that lays dark brown and blue/green eggs.

I'd like to join the "I thought I bought an Americauna" club (mine from a pet store - could be them, could have been the hatchery). For months I'm telling everyone I have one, that it will lay blue-green egs, yada yada yada. She gets bigger and I realize she looks very different than other people's pics, so I do a poll on here - she is a LEGHORN! I don't even get the blue-green eggs, which is all I really wanted anyway! It would have been fine if she were an EE, but a LEGHORN?! I have accepted it now - her crazy fast running, flightiness, white eggs, and all.
And this weekend I will be putting an addition on my coop to make room for the Americauna someone is giving me once he knows for sure which ones are the hens.

Quote:
I have EE''s like the quite well and when someone ask me what breed they are I tell them the truth, there a EE MUTT.
In Animals a Mutt is:
Mixed-breed Animal , a Animal that has characteristics of two or more breeds.

Chris

What do you think? OK - Just got these cuties a week ago as 'Ameraucanas' - Lucy (the redhead) and Ethel (the blond). The have fluffier faces than the other chicks, Lucy's more pronounced, but they are distinctly different shades of same color pattern (eyeliner, dark almond shape on back). It doesn't matter to me, just curious how the marketing thing is being done with this hatchery. And what is it you look for?

Ethel is to the right (a little gold laced Wyandotte to the left)
56974_3_chicks.jpg

Lucy
56974_lucy.jpg

Last edited:
I think those are EE's the chipmunk look is what our local farm store had as "Amercauna" and they were EE's those chicks are cute I would love to get some more EE's I want green egg layers here are the pictures of my 3 EE girls
42605_049.jpg

42605_imported_photos_00183.jpg

This was my only green egg layer I lost her this last winter (RIP Jessi)
42605_my_chickens_035.jpg

If I mess up and call a Pure Bred Amer an EE then I apologize because I figure it's just as annoying as if someone called one of my kids a mutt. Well, maybe that's a bad example since we ARE mutts, but maybe you get the idea. Also, I'm one of those people that gets annoyed when people misuse or mispronounce words, mischievous being a prime example ARGH there is no long E sound, so it touches on that pet peeve too.

Back
Top Bottom