why why why :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peachie, Jul 26, 2010.

1. peachie

peachie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2010
    :[​IMG] my big boy mr just died [​IMG] he was fine yesterday then today very quiet then he just died i cant work out what happened he was the sweetes niceest drake you would ever meet you could walk up at pat him cuddle him so sweet im just so sad he is the first duck i have ever lost [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. percyj

percyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] May he rest in peace with plenty of worms and swimming pools.

3. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    [​IMG] i'm sorry [​IMG] i couldn't imagine losing my drake. i'm sorry!! [​IMG]

4. peachie

peachie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2010
    [​IMG] thank u so so so much i cant stop crying everytime i walk past the bathroom as thats were he is at the moment i wont let my husband take him out side here is a pic of him about a month ago he was so so sweet [​IMG]
    i rang a freind and she thinks it could have been mould [​IMG] some thing i could have stoped please everybody check to make sure your guys are safe and make sure there is no mould or anything that is a little off near them i thought i had but it looks like i missed some thing [​IMG]

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    He was so gorgeous. And such a lovely friendly fellow too. [​IMG] I am so sorry for your loss.

6. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    so sorry [​IMG]

i lost my drake last weekend [​IMG]
    infact he looked exactly like yours (but older than the photo).

[​IMG]

7. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    [​IMG] So sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

8. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    So sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

9. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I'm very sorry to hear about your drake. I had that happen to a chicken I had. Just out of no where. Something had to be wrong with her because none of her eggs were any good when I tried to hatch them. Sometimes these things just happen with birds. It happened to another one of my chickens. Sometimes there is just something wrong that we don't see. Don't blame yourself. I doubt it had anything to do with the food.

10. apdan

apdan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Michigan
    [​IMG] So so sorry for your loss.. how sad! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I lost my dog yesterday to old age and the tears are still on the surface.... this is making me cry all over again at work [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by