FathertoFeathers

Songster
Aug 26, 2019
Tennessee
I just recently bought some Muscovy Ducks. I heard that Muscovy Ducks like to roost so I built them a place to roost but none of them have touched it. They even have a place to roost in their coop but they sleep on the ground. Is this normal? Do some ducks prefer not to roost or are they just getting used to their surroundings?

My Muscovy take it in spurts. My drake roosts on lowest roost which is about a foot n half off the ground my females all but one roosts up with the chickens at about 4'. Most my Muscovy started out on the floor since I had them separated from the chickens. I just let them do their thing if they roost they roost if they don't they don't. lol Oh and roosts have to be at least 2X4's they have big feet.

My Muscovy take it in spurts. My drake roosts on lowest roost which is about a foot n half off the ground my females all but one roosts up with the chickens at about 4'. Most my Muscovy started out on the floor since I had them separated from the chickens. I just let them do their thing if they roost they roost if they don't they don't. lol Oh and roosts have to be at least 2X4's they have big feet.
That would explain it lol I was using the old chicken roost poles that are way smaller than that!

Back
Top Bottom