Why?

arbaz456

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 8, 2014
Why do all the Baby Chicks hit each other or one of them attacks the other and eats it's feather? How to stop this? If it do attacks someone, are there chances that the other dies?

Have you checked the chick theyre picking on? Sometimes they pick on one if its showing signs of illness. Or if there is red/blood on them.

If nobody is sick or bleeding they can be showing trying to see who is the alpha male. Do you know if your chicks are pullets or straight run?

Have you checked the chick theyre picking on? Sometimes they pick on one if its showing signs of illness. Or if there is red/blood on them.

If nobody is sick or bleeding they can be showing trying to see who is the alpha male. Do you know if your chicks are pullets or straight run?
There was a blood on the Chick Baby that died a while ago. I noticed the blood Yesterday, and did what I can do make it survive but I failed. :(
Maybe, they're aiming to kill others or eat feathers? What it could be?

How many chicks do you have and how many weeks are they? Are they from the same batch? Or different ages?

How many chicks do you have and how many weeks are they? Are they from the same batch? Or different ages?
They were 4 of them, but now 3 of them. I think they are from different batch and are of different age. Could that be the reason?

Since you dont know how many weeks each chick is, you should post a photo so some of us can try to help you.

Usually if there is an age difference, the smaller ones might be too small to get put in with the others. Youre not giving too much details. If you can be more descriptive it would be very helpful.

:)

Since you dont know how many weeks each chick is, you should post a photo so some of us can try to help you.

Usually if there is an age difference, the smaller ones might be too small to get put in with the others. Youre not giving too much details. If you can be more descriptive it would be very helpful.

:)
They are different in size, I can be sure of. Maybe, age is different according to it. That can be the reason behind hunting down the small/weak chicks?

They are different in size, I can be sure of. Maybe, age is different according to it. That can be the reason behind hunting down the small/weak chicks?
I just noticed that one of the Chick Baby was attacking the other chicks when I closed off the light. Why is that? They is that chick attacking in the darkness? When I go nearby, it goes away and doesn't attack others.

Back
Top Bottom