Why's It Always The Kids Pet?

Brody's Broodello

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Indiana
Why Why Why?? With hundreds of birds here, atleast 150 chicks in the brooders, is the only bird the kid loves the one you find dead? Yesterday we found my son's pet Ameraucana Becky dead in her cage. The rabbit knocked over his cage, which flipped over 2 other cages yesterday, these were next to the cage that Becky was in. I think she was sleeping, so these must have scared her, and she jumped up breaking her neck. She was in the cage on her back dead. She was happy the night before, bebopping around the barn before going to bed in her kennel for the night. Brody went over to get her to put her diaper on & take her in the house when he found her. Lots of tears, poor thing cried himself to sleep. She wasn't a great show bird, laid off white eggs that were the size of Silkie eggs, even though she was a Large Fowl. But she had more personality than any other bird, knew her name, visitted Santa at Pet's Mart, and was the hit of the chicken demos at the local feed store, petting zoo and more. I would give the best show bird in the barn to have her back....
But why oh why does this always happen the the kids pet.....

Here are some pics of Becky & Brody
20866_dscn1291.jpg

20866_dscn1292.jpg

20866_dscn1908.jpg

Rest In Peace our dear friend Becky 5/2010 to 5/2011

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Even my Mom who is not into the birds was upset. She said that Becky was the only chicken she liked.

But on a sidenote! Brody will be getting a surprise when he get's out of school today. I PM'd Becky's breeder who has chicks out of Becky's sisters, and we are planning an exchange. I'm sending her Silkie eggs from our show birds for a Becky twin & friends. So hopefully by next wed. we will have a new arrival here to train & love!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom