Wierd Foot Problem!HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Danceswithchicks, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Danceswithchicks

Danceswithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My rooster has been limping for the past two days and it keeps getting worse. There are are no visible problems with his foot, just a blue-ish green mark in between two of his toes. No other birds in the flock have the same problem. What do you think it is and how can I fix it?

2. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    I don't have personal experience, but my first thought says bumble foot. Have you looked at the bottom of his foot?

3. Danceswithchicks

Yes I have, there is no swelling.

4. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Not sure for sure, depending on where your located I would wonder frost bite. But from what I hear that tends to be blackish.

5. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    My only other thought - and i'm hoping someone wiser than i will help you out - is scaley leg mites or a small break. Of course i would expect a break to cause swelling. Maybe if you posted a picture, that would ring some bells with the experts.

6. Danceswithchicks

I'll have to post a photo tomorrow-it's dark. Thank you!

7. Danceswithchicks

I can't find my camera cord! [​IMG] [​IMG] It's not getting worse, but it's not better, either! There is some redness and minor swelling around the joint near his toenail. He gets mad when I touch it, so it's hurting him.Help!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by