Wierdo!

coltsrox

Songster
11 Years
Mar 24, 2008
Maggie Valley, NC
Alright so I am raising 2 new baby chicks, for the first time ever, and i love them so much their hutch is in my room,(boy do they keep me up at night,whew!) and they flutter around so much they get the pine stuff everywhere so i was wondering their like 5-6 weeks old i think and i was wondering if i should put something else that could be less expensive but most importantly alot less messier!

Why don't you move them to somewhere more appropriate? Chickens are messy.
smile.png

lol, i'm going to... when they get older i just know these are MY baby chicks and theres a good chance won't raise chicks until i'm like 50 or whatever, so iwant the fool expiernece... outside is so... outside!!!!lol. no suggetsions, though?

I saw crushed corn cobs at the feed store the other day. I don't know if your chicks would mistake it for feed, but it didn't look nearly as dusty as shavings. Of course, I've never tried it so I could be wrong. Maybe someone else will speak up that's tried them.

Mine were in my hubby and I's room but I only lasted about a week, the light, mess and noise got to me. They have their own shed outside and are now very happy. I was trying to fing something less messy and the lady at the feed store said hay was cheaper but it was really dustly and bother some peoples allergies. Well Good Luck.

Just remember in all the dust is dried poo which is getting all over everything as well. Has taken me 3 weeks to clean up after mine after they were in my bathroom 2 weeks. This included painting to try to cover up the smell that eventually permeates everything!!

Yea it took me forever to vaccume all the shavings up, everytime I thought it was done more would appear! lol it was a mess I couldn't wait to get them out of my house and I was the one that wanted them inside until it warmed up. I just went and bought an extra heat lamp instead.

Back
Top Bottom