wife objection

Quote:
x 2 - deffinatley helps to feed them away from the porch. Thing is mine like knocking at the door I honestly think they know where we go in and out.

Quote:
x 2 - deffinatley helps to feed them away from the porch. Thing is mine like knocking at the door I honestly think they know where we go in and out.

Ah Ha! I never thought to try this. My 17 chickens love hanging out on the porch and I get really tired of hosing everything off. ( I always toss treats right near there) My husband will be very happy if this works!

Quote:

I have a screened in porch connected to my pool deck, i have to go past the pool to get to the chickens, I sneak out there so they can't hear the door. thats where I smoke evidently they know from the smell of the smoke that I'm there and come looking for me. but they come looking in the windows when I'm in the house.

We have the same problem and we just hose it off a few times a day! I believe we're going to screen the porch in to keep them off of there!!

Missi

Tell your wife that your chickens have requested she stay off their porch.
lau.gif

Seriously tho, I have a husband who's the same way. He charges at the chickens whenever he sees them on the deck or the front stoop. He cannot STAND stepping in chicken poop. And I have strict orders for the kids to always wear shoes outside regardless.

I sweep as much as I can when they dry up a little (nothing worse than smearing wet poop around - yuck!) but nothing beats a garden hose for keeping the area clean.

And for some reason, I don't know why, my chickens are enthralled with sliding glass doors. Especially in cold or rainy weather, they could sit at the sliding glass doors all day. Maybe a lot of heat escapes there and it's warmer.

Back
Top Bottom